Popular South Carolina DestinationsSee all 395
South Carolina Travel GuideWhen to visit South Carolina
South Carolina is a year-round destination with long, hot summers and mild winters. The spring, summer, and fall are ideal times to visit the coast and beaches. Summer is especially popular with families and golf enthusiasts. Fall and spring are quieter seasons that appeal to retirees and those interested in golf and RVing. Any time of year can be a good time for historical and cultural attractions.
Editors' Picks: South Carolina DealsSee All South Carolina Travel Deals
American Launches NEW Sale: Spring Flights from $147+ R/T
The more than 1,600 routes are scheduled to be on sale through midnight March 5, but the travel window is broader with validity Mondays - Thursdays and Saturdays between April 13 - June 5.
Masters Inn: 10 Percent Off for Seniors, Military, More
Masters Inn properties throughout the South offer discounts to military personnel, government employees, AAA members, and AARP members. Check with the Masters Inn at your destination to see if you are qualified to receive 10 percent off.
Two Low-Fare Airlines Heat Up Cold-Weather Promotions
DirectAir goes half-off and Vision extends Grand Bahama discounts.
Masters Inn: 10th Night Free
Masters Inn is offering a free night at any of its hotels in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
South Carolina Travel Advice See All South Carolina Travel Advice
- 10 Best Small Towns for the Holidays From Alaska to Florida and nearly everywhere in between, these towns and villages are perfect for Christmas.
- This Year's Most Popular Destinations for Fall Not sure where to go for your 2014 autumn escape? Read on to find out the top 10 places people are visiting this fall.
- 10 Most Romantic Coastal Destinations From the rugged Pacific Northwest to sophisticated California, from cultured New England to laid-back Florida, we've rounded up some of our favorite coastal destinations perfect for getting your romance on.
- 10 Secret Seaside Escapes for Summertime At these 10 lesser-known seaside escapes throughout the U.S. and Canada, you'll see heaps of harbor seals, breathe in the aroma of a lavender farm, and taste famous fried clams between jaunts to the beach. When you're here, it feels like summer really could last forever.
- America's Best Small Cities on the Rise Somewhere between quiet villages and metropolises that never sleep are these perfect up-and-coming American cities. Here are 10 terrific little cities, from Chattanooga to Yakima, and plenty of reasons why each one is worth a visit.
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Winter 2013/2014 Escape the cold realities of winter and take a vacation ... for a bargain-basement price. From hot spots like Mexico and biodiverse Ecuador to the bright lights of big cities like New York and Budapest, these destinations offer a welcome change of pace from the cold and dreary grind.