Sonoma Travel GuideAbout Sonoma
Sonoma is a county, a city, and a valley, which can be confusing for visitors who aren't yet aware of the distinctions. Come explore the many varieties of Sonoma wine country.When to Visit Sonoma
Sonoma has both stretches of coast and inland valleys, but even with the topographical variety, temperatures are relatively moderate year-round. Seasonality varies slightly depending on the region of the county. Sonoma is most popular during the summer and through the end of the harvest in late September or early October.
Sonoma Travel Advice See All Sonoma Travel Advice
- The Secret to a Happy Family Trip When the kids start whining on vacation, you might wonder why you left home. Read on for the secret to a boredom-free trip that will make everyone a happy camper, no matter where you go.
- Top off-peak destinations for winter 2007/2008 You'll save big bucks this year if you go beyond typical winter destinations. This winter's picks include three stateside cities, with one exception in each of Canada and Europe.
- Wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma on a budget With a bounty of food and wine surrounding you, it may seem impossible to go to Napa and Sonoma without breaking the bank. But staying at small B&Bs and focusing on wineries without tasting fees can keep your gourmand trip under budget.
- Fall harvest festivals In spite of its place as the harbinger of long and cold winters for many, fall gets an inspired reception every year, with festivals and events to celebrate the bounty and beauty of the season. With hundreds of fall food and drink festivals across the country, fattening up for the long winter is easy.
- Scottsdale Travel Guide
Scottsdale is an oasis in the middle of the Sonoran desert.
- Boston Travel Guide
Boston holds tightly onto its past as it parades into the future.
- Tulsa Travel Guide
Tulsa lassos fun for everyone.
- Kissimmee Travel Guide
Kissimmee is the Disney World bargain hunters' secret weapon.
- Williamsburg Travel Guide
Williamsburg delivers a vacation to the past, no time machine necessary.
- Kansas City Travel Guide
Visit Kansas City for great jazz, smoking barbecue, its famous fountains, and much more.
- Richmond Travel Guide
Fall in love with Virginia's capital city.
- Louisville Travel Guide
Louisville is a home run destination for tourists who want a family-friendly vacation.
- Lexington Travel Guide
Step back into the past in the "Horse Capital of the World."
- Greensboro Travel Guide
Greensboro combines a small-town feel with big-city attractions.