Slovenia Travel GuideWhen to visit Slovenia
Slovenia is at least two destinations in one, with snowfall in the mountains and warmth and sunshine along the Adriatic Sea. Summer is the most popular time along the Adriatic coast, while winter is big in the ski areas. In general, May through October is the best time to visit, but December through March is the best time for skiing.
Slovenia Travel Advice See All Slovenia Travel Advice
- 10 Best European Castles You Can Visit Go medieval on your next trip with a visit to one of these incredible castles where ancient history is alive and well.
- Know Your Rental Car Age Restrictions in Europe Before committing to driving in Europe, make sure you know the minimum and maximum age limits for the countries you'll be driving in. Read on if you don't want to get stranded roadside.
- Underpriced and on-the-rise European destinations The slow upward creep of airfares over the last decade has made summer travel to Europe pricier. But there are still plenty of places offering a winning combination of good value, beautiful surroundings, and interesting reasons to visit.
- Ten on-the-rise European cities Think you've seen the best of Europe? Think again. These exciting and affordable cities aren't on most American travelers' radar, but they should be.
- Three affordable European cities For more buying power on the ground and perhaps a more authentic European experience, look east to countries like Poland, Slovenia, and Croatia, where high prices and mass-market tourism haven't quite caught on yet.