San Diego Travel GuideAbout San Diego
The promise of near-perfect weather and an abundance of attractions beckon visitors to San Diego. With an average of 70 degrees and a laid-back vibe, it's an easy place to relax. But visitors can also find plenty that's wild about San Diego.When to Visit San Diego
With a warm climate and festivals throughout the year, San Diego is a happening destination in any season. The most popular time to visit is from Memorial Day through Labor Day when schools are on break and family travel peaks. Spring and fall can be pleasant times to visit. Winter brings rain and cooler temperatures, but also lower prices and fewer crowds.
Editors' Picks: San Diego DealsSee All San Diego Travel Deals
$59+ O/W U.S. and International Summer-Flights Sale
Flights to Las Vegas, Honolulu, and Mazatlan headline this new sale. Book by July 6!
Hampton Inn: Up to 15 Percent Off
From advanced-booking specials offering 15 percent off, 10 percent off for those 65-plus, to 15 percent off military families, the numerous promotions offer savings.
Hampton Inn: 10 Percent Off for AARP Members
AARP members can request an additional 10 percent off their room rate at select Hampton Inns. All guests also receive a free hot breakfast each day with their stay.
Hampton Inn: Family Fun with Attractions Tickets
If you're taking the whole family on your next trip, book Hampton's Family Getaway package for added fun. The package includes two tickets to a local area attraction along with free breakfast.
Hampton Inn: Champagne, Chocolates, More
Celebrate an anniversary or just a weekend away with a romantic escape at a participating Hampton Inn. Packages include sparkling wine, fresh flowers, and more.
Hampton Inn: Free Parking, Breakfast, More
Hampton's package caters to cruise travelers or for those not wanting to pay to park at the airport.
Starwood Hotels: 40 Percent Off Your Second Night's Stay
Starwood's Better Tomorrows promotion allows you to receive 40 percent off your next night for each night you pay the regular rate.
Crowne Plaza Hotels: Honeymoon Savings
Book your wedding celebration at any Crowne Plaza property in the U.S. or Canada, spend $5,000 or more, and you'll receive a prepaid lodging card worth up to $1,250.
Crowne Plaza Hotels: Wake Up to Breakfast
Wake up to pancakes, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, and yogurt when you book the Best Flex with Breakfast rate.
Homewood Suites: 10 Percent Discount for Senior Guests
For guests ages 50 years and older, Homewood Suites offers 10 percent off the best available rates.
San Diego Travel Advice See All San Diego Travel Advice
- A Night at the Museum: Sleepovers in Unusual Spaces These public spaces, from museums to amusement parks to stores, allow pajama-clad guests to park their sleeping bags beneath dinosaur bones or waterslides and stay until morning.
- This Year's Most Popular Destinations for Fall Not sure where to go for your 2014 autumn escape? Read on to find out the top 10 places people are visiting this fall.
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Summer 2014 From a relaxed beach destination to a nonstop urban party, these destinations deliver plenty of wallet-friendly fun this summer.
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Fall 2013 Take advantage of autumn's perfect combination of pleasant weather and great deals with a trip to one of our top five bargain destinations this season.
- Oklahoma City Travel Guide
Celebrate the Boomer Sooner spirit in Oklahoma City.
- Florence Travel Guide
Explore the South's heritage and scenery in Florence.
- Lubbock Travel Guide
Check for airfare deals to Lubbock
- Key West Travel Guide
The southernmost city in the continental U.S., Key West is big on life, history, the arts, and good times.
- Baltimore Travel Guide
Explore the many charms of Baltimore's unique neighborhoods.
- Gettysburg Travel Guide
Discover an important chapter in American history in Gettysburg.
- West Palm Beach Travel Guide
West Palm Beach is a tourism destination that offers sun and play.
- Buffalo Travel Guide
Fall in love with Buffalo, New York.
- Grand Rapids Travel Guide
Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a welcoming Midwestern city.
- Milwaukee Travel Guide
Milwaukee's breweries and arts scene attract all kinds of tourists.