Portugal Travel GuideWhen to visit Portugal
Mainland Portugal and the islands of Madeira and the Azores have relatively mild climates year-round. Most visitors come to the mainland during the summer for sun, beaches, and touring; but the rest of the year provides a good mix of lower prices and pleasant weather ideal for sightseeing. The islands' locations in the Gulf Stream (Azores) and in subtropical mountainous zones (Madeira) make them pleasant destinations any time of the year.
Portugal Travel Advice See All Portugal Travel Advice
- Incredible Free Museums Around the World Jetting around the world isn't free, but cultural enrichment can be. We uncovered 10 incredible museums, from Paris to Beijing, where cultural discovery is rich but admission is free for all.
- How to Snack Like a Local in Europe With so much food in the world to try, every traveler needs an excuse to snack between meals.
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.
- 10 Places to Go While They Are Still Cheap: 2014 Edition Whether you're on the prowl for a perfect beach or a city bursting with culture, these cities and countries deliver big but cost little.
- 14 Holiday Desserts Worth a Trip From witnessing a German baker knead dough into a classic Christmas fruitcake to indulging in jelly-filled Hanukkah doughnuts in Israel, here's the story on 14 internationally loved holiday treats and ways to enjoy them when you travel.