Portland Travel GuideAbout Portland
Built on rose gardens and rivers, Portland earns its reputation as a friendly and affordable city. Exploring neighborhoods and savoring local flavors are two ways to enjoy Portland.When to Visit Portland
Located in the Pacific Northwest, Portland, Oregon, sees its fair share of rain, but can be visited year-round. The most popular time to visit is during the summer when schools are on break, the weather is dry, and outdoor festivals are common.
Editors' Picks: Portland DealsSee All Portland Travel Deals
Country Inns & Suites: 25 Percent Off with Advance Purchase
Get up to 25 percent off at Country Inns & Suites when you book 14 days in advance.
Country Inns & Suites: Shop and Save
For shoppers, Country Inns & Suites offers various shopping packages that include gift cards to local retailers.
Westin: Free Night with Three Nights or More
Stay for three or four nights and receive your last night free. Stay six nights and your last two nights are free. Book and stay by December 31, 2012.
Portland Travel Advice See All Portland Travel Advice
- 10 Romantic Getaways You've Never Done Before This Valentine's Day, think outside of the (chocolate) box and embark on one of these unique and unusually romantic getaways, from the stark orange desert of Oman to the snowy tundra of Greenland.
- 10 Cool Converted Schoolhouse Hotels We found some amazing schoolhouses around the world that have been transformed into unique hotels, perfect for a back-to-school break. Pack your best Trapper Keeper and Lisa Frank pencils: Here are 10 cool converted schoolhouse hotels you won't mind reporting to.
- America's 10 Coolest Hotel Conversions
- Using 2010 Destination Trends to Plan Your Vacation You've seen lists of popular destinations for 2010, but what do they mean for you and your vacation? Ed Perkins analyzes the trends to help you determine the best destination for your vacation.
Top 10 Fall Foliage Drives Around the U.S.
Buckle up for the greatest colorful drives around the country. Here are our top picks for routes that not only highlight fall colors, but also emphasize the season's bounty.
- Topeka Travel Guide
Visitors to Topeka will find much more than open horizons.
- Greenville Travel Guide
Greenville offers urban sophistication along the Reedy River.
- Arlington Travel Guide
Arlington's big personality provides an action-packed vacation.
- Wichita Travel Guide
Wichita offers much more than its "Cowtown" history.
- Reno Travel Guide
Reno caters to outdoors and entertainment enthusiasts year-round.
- Branson Travel Guide
You can fill a Branson trip with live shows, an amusement park, or outdoor fun in the Ozarks.
- Minneapolis Travel Guide
It won't take long for visitors to fall in love with Minneapolis.
- Cleveland Travel Guide
This Midwestern city knows how to rock and roll.
- Colorado Springs Travel Guide
Colorado Springs is worth its weight in gold.
- Rochester Travel Guide
Rochester packs plenty of history into its city limits.