Philadelphia Travel GuideAbout Philadelphia
Philadelphia, the birthplace of life, liberty, and the cheesesteak sandwich, offers a wealth of attractions for visitors. Whether tourists want to learn, get loud, or just chow down, Philly is the place to be.When to Visit Philadelphia
Philadelphia, the birthplace of America, receives visitors throughout the year, but the most popular time to visit is during the summer when kids are on break from school and events are scheduled all over the city.
Editors' Picks: Philadelphia DealsSee All Philadelphia Travel Deals
NEW: $46+ O/W Southwest Sale
The popular airline has discounted domestic nonstop flights good for travel through spring.
Hampton Inn: Up to 15 Percent Off
From advanced-booking specials offering 15 percent off, 10 percent off for those 65-plus, to 15 percent off military families, the numerous promotions offer savings.
Hampton Inn: 10 Percent Off for AARP Members
AARP members can request an additional 10 percent off their room rate at select Hampton Inns. All guests also receive a free hot breakfast each day with their stay.
Hampton Inn: Family Fun with Attractions Tickets
If you're taking the whole family on your next trip, book Hampton's Family Getaway package for added fun. The package includes two tickets to a local area attraction along with free breakfast.
Hampton Inn: Champagne, Chocolates, More
Celebrate an anniversary or just a weekend away with a romantic escape at a participating Hampton Inn. Packages include sparkling wine, fresh flowers, and more.
Hampton Inn: Free Parking, Breakfast, More
Hampton's package caters to cruise travelers or for those not wanting to pay to park at the airport.
Sofitel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, you can request that cheaper rate plus an extra 10 percent off.
Sofitel Hotels: Romantic Getaways Await
With this package you'll get a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate or flowers, complimentary in-room breakfast, and a late-check out of 4 p.m.
Sofitel Hotels: Free Breakfast with Your Stay
In addition to your accommodations, you'll receive complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
Sofitel Hotels: Discounts, Perks for Families
The Magnifique Family package at Sofitel Hotels offers 50 percent off a second room for your children, plus a late 4 p.m. check-out and complimentary breakfast for the kids.
Philadelphia Travel Advice See All Philadelphia Travel Advice
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Winter 2014/2015 Crowds are sparse and deals are plentiful at these awesome and affordable winter destinations.
- 10 Food Fads Worth Traveling for From cronuts to crookies, and umami burgers to Japadogs, these latest food fads are worth traveling for, so pack a fork and hit the road.
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Winter 2010/2011 Want to escape those winter blues on a budget? This year's list of off-peak destinations includes lesser-known ski areas, temperate climates, and hot cultural spots.
- Paris, Bahamas, or Hawaii for Under $1,000 The Deal Detective helps a reader plan a birthday getaway to three great destinations at off-the-charts low prices. Plus, submit your own question for our savvy sleuth.
- Summer Deals in the City Find thinner crowds and bigger deals in cities this summer. This year, the savings potential is even greater as properties slash rates to recoup bookings from the lull in tourism.
- Omaha Travel Guide
Open skies and Midwestern charm make Omaha unique.
- Durham Travel Guide
Durham has changed a lot since its days as Bull City.
- Harrisburg Travel Guide
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, offers plenty of family fun.
- Flagstaff Travel Guide
Flagstaff offers classic views of the American Southwest.
- Columbia Travel Guide
Come experience true Southern hospitality in Columbia.
- Topeka Travel Guide
Visitors to Topeka will find much more than open horizons.
- Greenville Travel Guide
Greenville offers urban sophistication along the Reedy River.
- Arlington Travel Guide
Arlington's big personality provides an action-packed vacation.
- Wichita Travel Guide
Wichita offers much more than its "Cowtown" history.
- Reno Travel Guide
Reno caters to outdoors and entertainment enthusiasts year-round.