Panama City Beach Travel GuideAbout Panama City Beach
With 27 miles of delicate white sand running along the Gulf of Mexico, Panama City Beach is an ideal vacation destination for those who want to just kick back and relax.When to visit Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach attracts visitors throughout the year with warm weather, pristine beaches, hotel discounts, and family attractions. The most popular time to visit is summer, when kids are on vacation and people take to the water for activities such as snorkeling, diving, fishing, parasailing, and boating. Because of the start of the school season, fall brings the fewest visitors; however, many empty-nesters and couples come during this time for events, lower prices, and fewer crowds. Winter attracts people from colder destinations up north in search of a warm escape. Many of these snowbirds come for longer stays, renting homes or condominiums for the entire winter. Spring is a popular time for spring break festivities, when the beaches overflow with partygoers.
Panama City Beach Travel Advice See All Panama City Beach Travel Advice
- Top 10 Beaches in the U.S. We have the perfect sunny cure for your winter-weather gloominess. TripAdvisor, our parent site, just released its 2015 Travelers' Choice Awards for Best Beaches.
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Spring 2010 Been in travel hibernation lately? Whether you're looking for a beach vacation or an urban escape, these spring bargains are just the thing to rouse you from your slumber.
- Readers Name Their Favorite Beaches Last month we asked readers to send in descriptions of their favorite beaches. You responded with hidden gems in Hawaii, aqua blue waters in Florida, and even pink sand beaches in Bermuda.
- Miami Travel Guide
Roll sunshine, white sand, and endless activities into one thriving beachside city and you've got Miami.
- Memphis Travel Guide
Memphis has been rockin' and rollin' its way into people's hearts since long before Elvis first laced up his blue suede shoes.
- Albuquerque Travel Guide
Located on historic Route 66, Albuquerque is more than a pit stop.
- Jacksonville Travel Guide
Hit the beach or walk the river in Jacksonville.
- Los Angeles Travel Guide
Find a day at the beach, a glimpse of a celebrity, or a day out with Mickey Mouse.
- Portland Travel Guide
Portland, Oregon, has a knack for getting things just right, and these qualities also make it a great travel bargain.
- Denver Travel Guide
Denver is the gateway to the Rockies and a worthy destination in itself.
- Sacramento Travel Guide
Strike it rich in Sacramento.
- Washington, D.C. Travel Guide
Visit the intersection of the U.S. past and present in D.C.
- Seattle Travel Guide
Seattle hits the perfect note with funky flair and fresh attitude.