Ottawa Travel GuideWhen to visit Ottawa
Ottawa has four distinct seasons filled with outdoor activities and festivals. Summer is an ideal time for swimming or sunbathing, and also brings many of the annual events. Late September through October is mild and brings colorful fall foliage. Winter is less busy due to the cold, but the Christmas shopping season and the popular Winterlude festival in February attract visitors. Spring is a moderately slow time because of rainier weather, but peaks with a massive tulip festival in May. The most popular time to visit is May through October. Prices, crowds, and the temperatures drop from late December through April.
Editors' Picks: Ottawa DealsSee All Ottawa Travel Deals
$86+ O/W Canada Flights from Porter
This limited-time promotion includes spring and summer flights Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and others.
Ottawa Travel Advice See All Ottawa Travel Advice
- Cities Offering the Best Value in Accommodations According to a recent survey, Prague tops the list of destinations offering the best value in hotel accommodations. Read on to find out what other cities made the cut.
- Stretch Your Dollar in Europe This Summer The euro is hovering around $1.30, but you can still stretch your money. Find out how to save on airfare, car rentals, and hotels, and what to do about that stubborn currency exchange.
- Get a Free Flight When You Stay at Holiday Inn The curmudgeonly crime solver introduces a reader to Ontario and Quebec, and investigates Holiday Inn's new 'Stay to Fly' promotion.
- Five bargain winter city escapes If you're not set on jetting off to a Caribbean beach this winter, a city getaway can be a great alternative. Many cities in the U.S., Canada, and Europe are a better value for travelers during the low season, offering both discounted hotel prices and fun winter events.
- Ten winter festivals From massive citywide carnivals to small-town ice-sculpting competitions and sporting events, you'll find plenty of options to keep you busy.
- Miami Travel Guide
Roll sunshine, white sand, and endless activities into one thriving beachside city and you've got Miami.
- Memphis Travel Guide
Memphis has been rockin' and rollin' its way into people's hearts since long before Elvis first laced up his blue suede shoes.
- Albuquerque Travel Guide
Located on historic Route 66, Albuquerque is more than a pit stop.
- Jacksonville Travel Guide
Hit the beach or walk the river in Jacksonville.
- Los Angeles Travel Guide
Find a day at the beach, a glimpse of a celebrity, or a day out with Mickey Mouse.
- Portland Travel Guide
Portland, Oregon, has a knack for getting things just right, and these qualities also make it a great travel bargain.
- Denver Travel Guide
Denver is the gateway to the Rockies and a worthy destination in itself.
- Sacramento Travel Guide
Strike it rich in Sacramento.
- Washington, D.C. Travel Guide
Visit the intersection of the U.S. past and present in D.C.
- Seattle Travel Guide
Seattle hits the perfect note with funky flair and fresh attitude.