Popular Ontario DestinationsSee all 201
Ontario Travel GuideWhen to go to Ontario
Ontario has four diverse seasons, and its large size and central location provide many different climates and geographies. The most popular time to visit is during the summer months when the weather is ideal for outdoor activities, and there are many opportunities for wildlife viewing from the Hudson Bay to Pelee Island. Summer is also when the province hosts an array of popular festivals. The least popular time is during the spring, when the weather can be wet and overcast. The fall is a colorful and less expensive alternative to summer, making it one of the best times to visit the Niagara Region. Winters are typically cold, but the weather can be great for skiing and outdoor activities.
Editors' Picks: Ontario DealsSee All Ontario Travel Deals
Ed Perkins' Flash Sale Picks: California, Paris, and More
Here's a sampling of some of the more intriguing deals available through flash-sale sites this week, including Paris from $224 per night, a California B&B from $189 for two nights, and more.
Tourist Passes From $48/Adult, $38/Child
Go Card discount passes for Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, and Seattle, among others, give visitors pre-paid admission to dozens of attractions.
CityPass Offers up to 50 Percent Off Family Attractions
CityPasses offer up to 50 percent off on admissions and the chance to skip entrance lines at select family-friendly attractions in 10 North American cities.
Ontario Travel Advice See All Ontario Travel Advice
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Spring 2014 Discover five affordable places to go this spring, where the shoulder-season prices are almost as enticing as the sparse crowds and fun events.
- 10 Best Fall Foliage Train Rides in North America Hop aboard a train for leaf peeping this fall and leave the driving to someone else. These 10 affordable fall foliage train rides give terrific views of brilliant pockets of color throughout North America.
- 10 Food Fads Worth Traveling for From cronuts to crookies, and umami burgers to Japadogs, these latest food fads are worth traveling for, so pack a fork and hit the road.
- Making the Most of the Fall Travel Season If you're fortunate enough that you can travel when you want, instead of when your employer or school wants, fall is a great time to get going. Ed Perkins offers up ideas.
- Cities Offering the Best Value in Accommodations According to a recent survey, Prague tops the list of destinations offering the best value in hotel accommodations. Read on to find out what other cities made the cut.
- Stretch Your Dollar in Europe This Summer The euro is hovering around $1.30, but you can still stretch your money. Find out how to save on airfare, car rentals, and hotels, and what to do about that stubborn currency exchange.