Popular Ontario DestinationsSee all 201
Ontario Travel GuideWhen to go to Ontario
Ontario has four diverse seasons, and its large size and central location provide many different climates and geographies. The most popular time to visit is during the summer months when the weather is ideal for outdoor activities, and there are many opportunities for wildlife viewing from the Hudson Bay to Pelee Island. Summer is also when the province hosts an array of popular festivals. The least popular time is during the spring, when the weather can be wet and overcast. The fall is a colorful and less expensive alternative to summer, making it one of the best times to visit the Niagara Region. Winters are typically cold, but the weather can be great for skiing and outdoor activities.
Editors' Picks: Ontario DealsSee All Ontario Travel Deals
Ed Perkins' Flash Sale Picks: California, Paris, and More
Here's a sampling of some of the more intriguing deals available through flash-sale sites this week, including Paris from $224 per night, a California B&B from $189 for two nights, and more.
Ontario Travel Advice See All Ontario Travel Advice
- 10 Romantic Getaways You've Never Done Before This Valentine's Day, think outside of the (chocolate) box and embark on one of these unique and unusually romantic getaways, from the stark orange desert of Oman to the snowy tundra of Greenland.
- Magical Christmas Markets in North America
- Destinations to Watch in 2015 Ready for a vacation that makes the most of 2015? Here's where it's at in the coming year.
- Summer Foods You Must Have in Canada From forest to prairie to wild open water, this is where to savor the best and freshest that Canadian summer brings.
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Spring 2014 Discover five affordable places to go this spring, where the shoulder-season prices are almost as enticing as the sparse crowds and fun events.