Popular North Carolina DestinationsSee all 805
North Carolina Travel GuideWhen to visit North Carolina
The diverse regions of North Carolina, from mountains in the east to the ocean in the west, provide a plethora of climates as well as activities. During the winter, as cold weather chills much of the state, the ski resorts offer outdoor recreation. Spring brings blooming flowers and rising temperatures, and October sees turning leaves in the Great Smokey Mountains and along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Mild weather renders spring and fall ideal for hiking, biking, and canoeing, while summer is the perfect time for just about any outdoor activity. Across the state, visitors can enjoy year-round activities such as golf; shopping; and visiting a host of museums, wineries, and restaurants.
Editors' Picks: North Carolina DealsSee All North Carolina Travel Deals
Motel 6: Extended-Stay Discounts
If you're looking for accommodations for a longer period of time, Studio 6 offers rooms for extended stays. Weekly rates start at $199; monthly rates are available from $699.
Motel 6: Senior Discounts
For guests 60 and older, Motel 6 offers a 10 percent senior discount. If you're traveling with grandkids ages 18 or younger, they can stay free when sharing your room.
Omni Hotels: 15 Percent Off Regular Rates
Save 15 percent off regular rates at select destinations through December 30.
Aloft: Stay One Night, Get the Second for 40 Percent Off
At select Aloft Hotels you can stay one night for the regular rate and get the next night for 40 percent off now through December 31, 2012.
Country Inns & Suites: 25 Percent Off with Advance Purchase
Get up to 25 percent off at Country Inns & Suites when you book 14 days in advance.
Country Inns & Suites: Shop and Save
For shoppers, Country Inns & Suites offers various shopping packages that include gift cards to local retailers.
Aloft: Discounts with Advance Purchase
Save up to 25 percent when you book your Aloft Hotels stay a minimum of 3 to 21 days in advance.
North Carolina Travel Advice See All North Carolina Travel Advice
- America's Best State Fairs Nothing says America like deep-fried food, butter sculptures, and dubious carnival rides. Whether you like livestock, musical shows, or food on a stick, there's a state fair out there for you. Here are 10 favorites across the country.
- 10 Historical Lighthouses to See This Summer Feast your eyes on photos of 10 gorgeous and historical American lighthouses.
- America's Best Small Cities on the Rise Somewhere between quiet villages and metropolises that never sleep are these perfect up-and-coming American cities. Here are 10 terrific little cities, from Chattanooga to Yakima, and plenty of reasons why each one is worth a visit.
- 10 Adorable (and Affordable) Beach Cottages for Summer You don't have to be ultrarich to score an irresistibly charming beach cottage this summer. We've turned up some of America's cutest affordable cottages, from Cape Cod to the Outer Banks to Southern California.
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.
- America's 10 Busiest Airports The U.S. has some of the world's busiest airports, and you'll probably have to cope with at least one of them, and sometimes two, on an upcoming trip.