Popular New York DestinationsSee all 1754
New York Travel GuideWhen to visit New York
Everything from big city entertainment to the great outdoors is available in New York State. Upstate New York has the perfect weather for camping or hiking in the summer and skiing during the winter. Mild temperatures and a burst of golden colors add to the experience of fall. New York City can feel a little crowded and hot during the summer, with humidity levels and tourism rising during July and August.
Editors' Picks: New York DealsSee All New York Travel Deals
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Starwood Hotels: 40 Percent Off Your Second Night's Stay
Starwood's Better Tomorrows promotion allows you to receive 40 percent off your next night for each night you pay the regular rate.
W Hotels: Free Parking and Cocktails
Book the Play package at participating W hotels and receive two cocktails and daily parking with your stay. This offer is valid on stays through December 31, 2012. Advance reservations are required.
Starwood Hotels: Pay Your Birth Year
Through December 30, 2012, Starwood hotels and resorts are offering the second night of your stay at the price of your birth year. Born in 1955? Pay $55 for your second night.
Hyatt: Perks, Savings With Your AmEx Card
When you pay for a room at participating Hyatt hotels with an American Express card, you get more out of your stay.
Starwood: AAA/CAA Member Savings
Get your choice of three savings offers, available at participating locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, French Polynesia, and the Caribbean.
Four Points by Sheraton: 40 Percent Off Second Night
Guests at select Four Points properties receive up to 40 percent off the second night.
Doubletree: 20 Percent Off Best Available Rates
This advance-purchase offer at Doubletree hotels gives travelers up to 20 percent off the best available rate. A seven-day advance purchase is required, and full payment must be submitted at the time of booking.
New York City Hotel: March Mattress Deal from $244
A Sleep Concierge and a 12-choice pillow menu from $244!
Insider Sale at The James Hotels in NYC and Chicago
Discounted rooms, dining credits, and half-price parking for those in the know.
New York Travel Advice See All New York Travel Advice
- A Night at the Museum: Sleepovers in Unusual Spaces These public spaces, from museums to amusement parks to stores, allow pajama-clad guests to park their sleeping bags beneath dinosaur bones or waterslides and stay until morning.
- 10 Iconic American Public-Transit Rides Certain public-transit rides offer a lot more than plain conveyance. Great scenery, technological innovation, and historical significance await on ferries and funiculars around the U.S.
- This Year's Most Popular Destinations for Fall Not sure where to go for your 2014 autumn escape? Read on to find out the top 10 places people are visiting this fall.
- 10 Weirdest Restaurants in the World Spice up your eating experience at these incredibly weird restaurants around the world. You'll be dodging ninjas and dining out of a toilet in no time! Think we're kidding? Read on, because these restaurants have to be seen to be believed.
- 10 Cool Converted Schoolhouse Hotels We found some amazing schoolhouses around the world that have been transformed into unique hotels, perfect for a back-to-school break. Pack your best Trapper Keeper and Lisa Frank pencils: Here are 10 cool converted schoolhouse hotels you won't mind reporting to.
- Amtrak's 10 Best Scenic Day Trips With their large windows and comfortable coach seats, trains are unsurpassed for enjoying the countryside as you go. Ed Perkins offers his picks for the best and most picturesque day-only Amtrak routes.