Popular New York DestinationsSee all 1754
New York Travel GuideWhen to visit New York
Everything from big city entertainment to the great outdoors is available in New York State. Upstate New York has the perfect weather for camping or hiking in the summer and skiing during the winter. Mild temperatures and a burst of golden colors add to the experience of fall. New York City can feel a little crowded and hot during the summer, with humidity levels and tourism rising during July and August.
Editors' Picks: New York DealsSee All New York Travel Deals
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Starwood Hotels: 40 Percent Off Your Second Night's Stay
Starwood's Better Tomorrows promotion allows you to receive 40 percent off your next night for each night you pay the regular rate.
W Hotels: Free Parking and Cocktails
Book the Play package at participating W hotels and receive two cocktails and daily parking with your stay. This offer is valid on stays through December 31, 2012. Advance reservations are required.
Starwood Hotels: Pay Your Birth Year
Through December 30, 2012, Starwood hotels and resorts are offering the second night of your stay at the price of your birth year. Born in 1955? Pay $55 for your second night.
Hyatt: Perks, Savings With Your AmEx Card
When you pay for a room at participating Hyatt hotels with an American Express card, you get more out of your stay.
Starwood: AAA/CAA Member Savings
Get your choice of three savings offers, available at participating locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, French Polynesia, and the Caribbean.
Four Points by Sheraton: 40 Percent Off Second Night
Guests at select Four Points properties receive up to 40 percent off the second night.
Doubletree: 20 Percent Off Best Available Rates
This advance-purchase offer at Doubletree hotels gives travelers up to 20 percent off the best available rate. A seven-day advance purchase is required, and full payment must be submitted at the time of booking.
New York City Hotel: March Mattress Deal from $244
A Sleep Concierge and a 12-choice pillow menu from $244!
Insider Sale at The James Hotels in NYC and Chicago
Discounted rooms, dining credits, and half-price parking for those in the know.
New York Travel Advice See All New York Travel Advice
- 10 Idyllic Lakes for an End-of-Summer Escape When summer temps blaze, nothing beats running off the end of the dock and plunging cannonball-style into the lake. These 10 iconic American lake destinations are perfect escapes.
- America's Best State Fairs Nothing says America like deep-fried food, butter sculptures, and dubious carnival rides. Whether you like livestock, musical shows, or food on a stick, there's a state fair out there for you. Here are 10 favorites across the country.
- 10 Hotels with the Best Views in the U.S. A perfect view is a priceless hotel amenity. Here are 10 U.S. properties that overlook superb vistas and offer guests a picture-perfect point of view.
- 10 Iconic Things You Can Only Do in America Eat a Fenway Frank at a Boston Red Sox baseball game. Ride the historic 1927 wooden Cyclone roller coaster on Coney Island. These 10 nation-defining pastimes and places are nostalgic things you need to experience at least once in your lifetime.
- Iconic Summer Getaways in the U.S. Coastal villages and quaint islands. Great Lakes beaches and national parks. Mountain trails and cozy cabins. Nothing brings on warm, sun-soaked memories like a classic summer destination. Whether it's on the bustling boardwalk or under a swaying desert palm, find your place in the sun at one of these 12 iconic summer getaways.