Popular New Mexico DestinationsSee all 363
New Mexico Travel GuideWhen to visit New Mexico
New Mexico is a year-round destination, with skiing, snowmobiling, and snowboarding in the winter; and rafting, camping, cycling, hiking, golf, and other recreational pursuits in the spring and summer. Festivals run throughout the year, including the Whole Enchilada Festival, International Balloon Fiesta, and State Fair. The most popular time to visit is during the summer, especially with international visitors, and winter in the ski areas is a strong second. The mountain areas are particularly busy during these seasons. The lowlands are busy with snowbirds in the winter. Christmas is a busy time throughout New Mexico. Santa Fe is popular during all seasons, as is Taos to a lesser degree.
Editors' Picks: New Mexico DealsSee All New Mexico Travel Deals
Hampton Inn: Up to 15 Percent Off
From advanced-booking specials offering 15 percent off, 10 percent off for those 65-plus, to 15 percent off military families, the numerous promotions offer savings.
Hampton Inn: 10 Percent Off for AARP Members
AARP members can request an additional 10 percent off their room rate at select Hampton Inns. All guests also receive a free hot breakfast each day with their stay.
Hampton Inn: Family Fun with Attractions Tickets
If you're taking the whole family on your next trip, book Hampton's Family Getaway package for added fun. The package includes two tickets to a local area attraction along with free breakfast.
Hampton Inn: Champagne, Chocolates, More
Celebrate an anniversary or just a weekend away with a romantic escape at a participating Hampton Inn. Packages include sparkling wine, fresh flowers, and more.
Hampton Inn: Free Parking, Breakfast, More
Hampton's package caters to cruise travelers or for those not wanting to pay to park at the airport.
Microtel: Book in Advance to Save 15 Percent
Planners can save with Microtel's advance booking discount, to the tune of 15 percent off the best available rate when you reserve seven days in advance.
Homewood Suites: 10 Percent Discount for Senior Guests
For guests ages 50 years and older, Homewood Suites offers 10 percent off the best available rates.
Homewood Suites: Best Rate Guarantee
Homewood Suites guarantees the best rates when you book on its website. If you find a better price, Homewood will match the lower rate and give you a $50 American Express Gift Cheque
Homewood Suites: 10 Percent Off, Free Breakfast for AAA Members
Homewood Suites is offering a special discount of 10 percent off the best available rates to AAA and CAA members. Guests will receive full breakfast daily plus evening dinner and drinks Monday through Thursday.
New Mexico Travel Advice See All New Mexico Travel Advice
- 10 Hidden Hot Springs You Can Have All to Yourself Nothing beats a warm soak outside on a crisp day. You'll have to ramble down dirt roads, hike into canyons, and cross suspension bridges to get to these hidden hot springs. But the effort will make the "ahhh" even sweeter when you finally slip into a steamy bath set in the middle of a thick forest or beneath the glittery Milky Way. Here are 10 of our favorites in the U.S. and Canada.
- America's Most Haunted Restaurants and Bars Bordello murders, fatal wedding-day accidents, and other tragedies have left behind unsettled spirits across the country. Here are some of America's most haunted restaurants and bars.
- 10 Unique Fall Festivals Worth a Trip While most people are flocking to harvest fairs and Oktoberfests, set your sights on something different this festival season.
- 10 Quintessential Fall Weekend Trips Shortening days, comfy sweaters, steaming mugs of warm apple cider: Some things are so quintessentially fall that, despite the promise of snowy days to come, we just can't wait to partake. Autumn is the ideal time for weekend trips both urban and rustic. Check out our 10 favorite fall destinations and then plan your own cozy escape.
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Spring 2011 This spring, hit an undiscovered wine trail in Europe, find your own Outback, or dine your way through a closer-to-home slice of France, all for less than usual.