Nepal Travel GuideWhen to visit Nepal
Nepal is a geographically diverse country with high mountain and low plain areas. The most popular times to visit are during the fall and spring when the weather is favorable for touring and trekking. Winter is the least popular time for tourism. Although the summer is the rainy season, it still sees a good amount of visitor traffic from tourists on vacation, particularly from nearby India.
Nepal Travel Advice See All Nepal Travel Advice
- Ten Places You Never Thought You Could Afford With the arrival of 2011, you may be dreaming of a big, once-in-a-lifetime trip, but are concerned about how to pay for it. We've got the answer. Here are 10 hand-picked destinations that may be far-flung, but also offer unexpected values.
- The best new adventure trips of 2008 There are many worthy adventure companies designing bold new trips, including an exciting batch of itineraries for 2008. After checking in with the top providers and getting a sneak peek at what's cooking in their trip laboratories, here are my picks for the top new trips.
Ten Top National Parks Around the Globe
The U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on spacious skies and purple mountain majesties. You can find protected lands, natural beauty, and exotic wildlife around the globe.
- Ten amazing adventures under $1,000 "Affordable" and "amazing" don't often go together, but these trips deliver both. Most are to destinations that are up-and-coming or newly opened, or they offer a new and better spin on an old classic.
- Best adventure bargains of 2006 This year's list of great adventure bargains includes sailing in Greece, cycling in China, trekking in Nepal, snowshoeing in Eastern Europe, and hiking in Yellowstone. Read Josh Roberts' list of the year's top adventures at rock-bottom prices.
- The 10 best adventure bargains Real people, real adventures, real savings. That's the idea behind our special report on adventure travel. From the steps of Machu Picchu to the mysteries of the Sphinx, we're shining the spotlight on the 10 best bargains in the world.