Montana Travel GuideWhen to visit Montana
From skiing to white-water rafting, Montana offers outdoor activities that display its four varied seasons. The most popular time to visit is during the summer, though many snow sports enthusiasts come during the winter. Holidays and festivals during these two seasons also attract crowds. The spring and fall have reduced prices, fewer visitors, and mild weather, offering a pleasant alternative to the crowds of summer and colder temperatures of winter.
Editors' Picks: Montana DealsSee All Montana Travel Deals
Motel 6: Seven-Night-Stay Discounts
If you're going to be traveling for a week or longer, Motel 6 has discounts for extended trips. Savings are applied automatically when you make a reservation for seven nights or more.
Motel 6: Extended-Stay Discounts
If you're looking for accommodations for a longer period of time, Studio 6 offers rooms for extended stays. Weekly rates start at $199; monthly rates are available from $699.
Motel 6: Senior Discounts
For guests 60 and older, Motel 6 offers a 10 percent senior discount. If you're traveling with grandkids ages 18 or younger, they can stay free when sharing your room.
Montana Travel Advice See All Montana Travel Advice
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.
- Using 2010 Destination Trends to Plan Your Vacation You've seen lists of popular destinations for 2010, but what do they mean for you and your vacation? Ed Perkins analyzes the trends to help you determine the best destination for your vacation.
- Deals Put Sunshine State Back in Your Budget Bargains abound for Sunshine State travel this winter. Plus, Napa vineyards, hiking in Glacier National Park, and more!
- An Avalanche of Winter Mountain Deals If you've ever thought mountain resorts are reserved for the fur-trimmed, jet-set crowd, think again. Due to a lagging economy, U.S. ski resorts are publicizing discounts galore.
- To Drive or Not to Drive in Yellowstone Since Yellowstone spans three states, it can be intimidating to plan a trip. Our savvy sleuth compares guided tours versus driving, and offers tips on ways to do either.
Make memories that live on when you visit Knoxville, TN. Start now!