Popular Minnesota DestinationsSee all 875
Minnesota Travel GuideWhen to visit Minnesota
Although winter weather can fall below freezing, and heavy snowstorms are frequent, there is still plenty to do in the coldest of climates. Many seasonal festivals and contests feature winter sports, such as skiing, dogsledding, and even ice fishing. However, the fiercest competition has to be Christmas shopping in the biggest mall in the U.S., the "Mall of America." Summer seems understated in comparison, with warmer temperatures and outdoor activities that include camping, hiking, and fishing.
Minnesota Travel Advice See All Minnesota Travel Advice
- 10 Idyllic Lakes for an End-of-Summer Escape When summer temps blaze, nothing beats running off the end of the dock and plunging cannonball-style into the lake. These 10 iconic American lake destinations are perfect escapes.
- America's Best State Fairs Nothing says America like deep-fried food, butter sculptures, and dubious carnival rides. Whether you like livestock, musical shows, or food on a stick, there's a state fair out there for you. Here are 10 favorites across the country.
- Unforgettable Places to Sleep in National Parks A cabin floating on a lake. A boutique hotel. A yurt. Around North America, national parks offer incredible scenery, dazzling wildlife, and some truly funky, cool, and surprising places to stay.
- 10 Campgrounds for an Unforgettable Summer Vacation We've rounded up 10 unique campgrounds where you can tuck into the Appalachian forest like a hobbit, sleep on top of boulders beneath a starry sky, and wake up on a barrier island where wild horses roam the beaches. At these unforgettable sites, you're sure to be a happy camper.
- America's 10 Coolest Hotel Conversions
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Winter 2009/2010 While many winter travelers head to the beach or to popular ski resorts, savvy tourists can take advantage of fewer crowds and off-peak deals for fabulous vacations.