Popular Michigan DestinationsSee all 947
Michigan Travel GuideWhen to visit Michigan
With ski resorts attracting visitors in the winter and state parks luring campers in the summer, plus many spring and fall activities, Michigan is a year-round destination. When spring melts away the snow, the resorts switch from skiing to golf and continue to draw tourists. In summer, there are plenty of outdoor activities around the Great Lakes and at many of the state's 11,000 inland lakes, rivers, and streams. During autumn, the turning of the leaves creates spectacular color displays.
Editors' Picks: Michigan DealsSee All Michigan Travel Deals
Two Low-Fare Airlines Heat Up Cold-Weather Promotions
DirectAir goes half-off and Vision extends Grand Bahama discounts.
Michigan Travel Advice See All Michigan Travel Advice
- 10 Totally Unique (or Wacky) Ways to Travel Road trip? Been there. Caribbean cruise? Done that. Simply jetting off for the weekend? Yawn. Ditch that everyday vacation and, instead, embark on a truly wild adventure. We've uncovered 10 kinds of wacky, totally unique ways to see the world, from horse caravans through Ireland to rocket-ship rides through space, perfect for giving your travel bug a bit of pick-me-up.
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.
- America's Most Haunted Restaurants and Bars Bordello murders, fatal wedding-day accidents, and other tragedies have left behind unsettled spirits across the country. Here are some of America's most haunted restaurants and bars.
- 10 Great Wine-Region Getaways for Fall Autumn is prime time to tour the vineyards that dot the nation's every corner, when temperatures are cool and foliage is at its most flamboyant. From the rocky coast of New England to the lush valleys of Washington State, find grape-stomping events, harvest festivals, cook-offs, and more. Here are 10 wine destinations to get your (grape) juices flowing.
- 10 Quintessential Fall Weekend Trips Shortening days, comfy sweaters, steaming mugs of warm apple cider: Some things are so quintessentially fall that, despite the promise of snowy days to come, we just can't wait to partake. Autumn is the ideal time for weekend trips both urban and rustic. Check out our 10 favorite fall destinations and then plan your own cozy escape.
- 10 Sleepy Beach Towns Perfect for Fall While the water's still warm and the weather's still mild, enjoy these 10 iconic U.S. beach towns this fall.