Popular Maryland DestinationsSee all 489
Maryland Travel GuideWhen to visit Maryland
Maryland has a temperate climate with four seasons, attracting visitors year-round. The most popular time to visit is during the summer when school is out, the weather warms up, and outdoor activities are popular. For instance, Ocean City's beaches teem with vacationers, and Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore welcomes the rush of baseball fans. Winter is typically a less busy time for tourism, except at ski resorts in western Maryland. Spring, early summer, and fall are pleasant times to visit with milder weather and fewer crowds.
Editors' Picks: Maryland DealsSee All Maryland Travel Deals
Element Hotels: Fourth Night Free with AmEx Card
Book a stay at Element with your American Express card and receive a fourth night free. This offer is valid on four-night minimum stays with Wednesday through Saturday arrivals through December 31, 2012.
Element Hotels: 20 Percent Off Extended Stays
Through December 31, 2012, stay at select Element by Westin hotels and receive 20 percent off with a minimum three-night stay. Breakfast is included and you must prepay to receive this discount.
Maryland Travel Advice See All Maryland Travel Advice
- This Year's Most Popular Destinations for Fall Not sure where to go for your 2014 autumn escape? Read on to find out the top 10 places people are visiting this fall.
- Iconic Summer Getaways in the U.S. Coastal villages and quaint islands. Great Lakes beaches and national parks. Mountain trails and cozy cabins. Nothing brings on warm, sun-soaked memories like a classic summer destination. Whether it's on the bustling boardwalk or under a swaying desert palm, find your place in the sun at one of these 12 iconic summer getaways.
- 10 Campgrounds for an Unforgettable Summer Vacation We've rounded up 10 unique campgrounds where you can tuck into the Appalachian forest like a hobbit, sleep on top of boulders beneath a starry sky, and wake up on a barrier island where wild horses roam the beaches. At these unforgettable sites, you're sure to be a happy camper.
- Eight Worst Airports for Holiday Flights With offerings that range from the most abysmal record for on-time flights to the worst amenities and longest security lines, these awful airports are the ones to avoid at all costs, especially during the holidays.
- 10 Terrifying Bridges You Need to See to Believe If you suffer from gephyrophobia (fear of bridges), click away now. From bridges so frightening that people will pay someone else to drive their car across to bridges that are just plain dangerous, these 10 bridges are the world's scariest. Are you brave enough to make it to the end of this story?
- 10 Quintessential Fall Weekend Trips Shortening days, comfy sweaters, steaming mugs of warm apple cider: Some things are so quintessentially fall that, despite the promise of snowy days to come, we just can't wait to partake. Autumn is the ideal time for weekend trips both urban and rustic. Check out our 10 favorite fall destinations and then plan your own cozy escape.