Popular Maine DestinationsSee all 518
Maine Travel GuideWhen to visit Maine
From its mountains to coastal areas, Maine experiences four diverse seasons. The most popular time to visit is during the warm summer months of July and August; especially in coastal communities. The fewest visitors come during the winter, except in ski areas. Pleasant weather and fall foliage make September a good time to travel through Maine.
Editors' Picks: Maine DealsSee All Maine Travel Deals
Microtel: Book in Advance to Save 15 Percent
Planners can save with Microtel's advance booking discount, to the tune of 15 percent off the best available rate when you reserve seven days in advance.
Presidents' Week/Weekend Ski-and-Stay Sale from $99
Ski and stay in Maine for as low as $99 per night.
Maine Travel Advice See All Maine Travel Advice
- America's Best Small Cities on the Rise Somewhere between quiet villages and metropolises that never sleep are these perfect up-and-coming American cities. Here are 10 terrific little cities, from Chattanooga to Yakima, and plenty of reasons why each one is worth a visit.
- Iconic Summer Getaways in the U.S. Coastal villages and quaint islands. Great Lakes beaches and national parks. Mountain trails and cozy cabins. Nothing brings on warm, sun-soaked memories like a classic summer destination. Whether it's on the bustling boardwalk or under a swaying desert palm, find your place in the sun at one of these 12 iconic summer getaways.
- 10 Adorable (and Affordable) Beach Cottages for Summer You don't have to be ultrarich to score an irresistibly charming beach cottage this summer. We've turned up some of America's cutest affordable cottages, from Cape Cod to the Outer Banks to Southern California.
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.
- Save Money With Repositioning Cruises Spring and fall mean transitioning wardrobes—and repositioning ships. See several world regions on one of these sailings, at cheaper per-diem rates than "regular" cruises.
Our Readers' Best Travel Photos
The votes are in, and here are your best travel photos!