Popular Japan DestinationsSee all 1061
Japan Travel GuideWhen to visit Japan
Japan is a four-season destination with festivals throughout the year that attract visitors. In general, the most popular times to visit include summer, late spring, and around the New Year's holiday. Spring cherry blossoms and autumn foliage also bring in crowds in various regions of the country. Periods right after major holidays or festivals, such as during January right after New Year's and September right after Japan's Obon Holiday, are good times to find reduced prices.
Editors' Picks: Japan DealsSee All Japan Travel Deals
$778+ R/T Sale to China, Japan, Korea, and Beyond
Explore Asia with these sale fares to China, Japan, the Philippines, and Vietnam, among a few other countries.
Winter in Japan: Save $500 on Airfare-Inclusive Packages
Winter is Japan's low season for travel, and now is an excellent time to grab package deals to this popular destination. Save $500 on the price of airfare-inclusive packages to Japan this winter.
Fly Business Class for Thanksgiving in Europe
KLM and Lufthansa announced big discounts on business class to Europe over Thanksgiving, plus sales on Air China, Singapore Airlines, OpenSkies, Air New Zealand, and Air France.
Japan Travel Advice See All Japan Travel Advice
- World's Most Beautiful Bike Trails Cycling vacations aren't just for top-tier athletes. Many of the world's most beautiful bike trails take in the countryside on gentle paths that favor scenery over strenuous pedaling. For this list of beautiful bike trails around the world, we selected routes that can be done in days or weeks, depending on your level of commitment. Bonus: You won't feel guilty sampling the local cuisine after you've spent a day burning calories on a bike trail.
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Spring 2014 Whether you've got your sights set on Europe, Asia, or somewhere a bit closer to home, we've found a destination to suit your whimsy and your wallet.
- World's Most Overpriced Travel Destinations Think of your vacation budget. Now add a few zeros. Excellent, now you're ready for the world's most overpriced travel destinations, places with tremendous appeal and intimidating price tags.
- 10 Best New Adventure Travel Trips of 2014 This year's best new adventures include volcano trekking in Indonesia, tracking gorillas in the Congo, following a pilgrim trail through the Pyrenees, and seeking enlightenment in Japan's most remote alpine temples.
- 7 Notoriously Expensive Destinations (and How to Go for Cheap) Here are some tips and tricks for stretching your dollars, pounds, and yen in seven notoriously pricey places around the world.
- 9 Crazy Cat Destinations for Feline Aficionados Discover nine destinations where you can scratch your cat itch, curl up with a purring fur ball, or even adopt a new companion.