Popular Illinois DestinationsSee all 1355
Illinois Travel GuideWhen to visit Illinois
Illinois experiences four seasons. The most popular time to visit is during the summer high season, when the weather is warm and school is on break. The spring and fall can be good alternatives to the heat and crowds of summer, as many events and festivals still take place all over the state.
Editors' Picks: Illinois DealsSee All Illinois Travel Deals
New Routes on Southwest = Sale Flights from $74+ O/W
Inaugural routes to Dallas and Washington, D.C., call for celebratory sale fares.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Travelodge: 20 Percent Off Best Available Rates
Book a stay for at least three consecutive nights at Travelodge and you will receive 20 percent off the best available rate at participating hotels. Breakfast is also included in your stay.
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Starwood Hotels: 40 Percent Off Your Second Night's Stay
Starwood's Better Tomorrows promotion allows you to receive 40 percent off your next night for each night you pay the regular rate.
Sofitel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, you can request that cheaper rate plus an extra 10 percent off.
Sofitel Hotels: Romantic Getaways Await
With this package you'll get a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate or flowers, complimentary in-room breakfast, and a late-check out of 4 p.m.
Sofitel Hotels: Free Breakfast with Your Stay
In addition to your accommodations, you'll receive complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
Sofitel Hotels: Discounts, Perks for Families
The Magnifique Family package at Sofitel Hotels offers 50 percent off a second room for your children, plus a late 4 p.m. check-out and complimentary breakfast for the kids.
Sofitel Hotels: Business Traveler Perks
Traveling for business? Book the Business @ Sofitel package at select Sofitel Hotels and receive complimentary breakfast and free in-room Internet access.
Illinois Travel Advice See All Illinois Travel Advice
- America's Best State Fairs Nothing says America like deep-fried food, butter sculptures, and dubious carnival rides. Whether you like livestock, musical shows, or food on a stick, there's a state fair out there for you. Here are 10 favorites across the country.
- 10 Hotels with the Best Views in the U.S. A perfect view is a priceless hotel amenity. Here are 10 U.S. properties that overlook superb vistas and offer guests a picture-perfect point of view.
- Eight Worst Airports for Holiday Flights With offerings that range from the most abysmal record for on-time flights to the worst amenities and longest security lines, these awful airports are the ones to avoid at all costs, especially during the holidays.
- America's 10 Busiest Airports The U.S. has some of the world's busiest airports, and you'll probably have to cope with at least one of them, and sometimes two, on an upcoming trip.
- Top 5 Off-Peak Destinations for Fall 2013 We've identified five especially fabulous destinations where off-season pricing is ripe for the pickin'.
- 10 Food Fads Worth Traveling for From cronuts to crookies, and umami burgers to Japadogs, these latest food fads are worth traveling for, so pack a fork and hit the road.