Popular Illinois DestinationsSee all 1355
Illinois Travel GuideWhen to visit Illinois
Illinois experiences four seasons. The most popular time to visit is during the summer high season, when the weather is warm and school is on break. The spring and fall can be good alternatives to the heat and crowds of summer, as many events and festivals still take place all over the state.
Editors' Picks: Illinois DealsSee All Illinois Travel Deals
$145+ R/T Fall Flights on Sale with American
Too soon to think about fall? The early bird gets the big savings with this sale!
$145+ R/T Massive, Competitive Sale from American
American's newest promotion puts more than a whopping 1,600 U.S. routes on sale for travel through June 3, and fans the flame of competition for Southwest, Delta, and United, who all have similar sales.
United Sale Flights from $146+ R/T
American, Southwest, and Delta all have competing sales as well. Book by April 6 for travel into June!
$34+ O/W Spring, Summer Sale from JetBlue
Dozens of popular destinations are on sale for travel into mid-summer.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Starwood Hotels: 40 Percent Off Your Second Night's Stay
Starwood's Better Tomorrows promotion allows you to receive 40 percent off your next night for each night you pay the regular rate.
Sofitel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, you can request that cheaper rate plus an extra 10 percent off.
Sofitel Hotels: Romantic Getaways Await
With this package you'll get a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate or flowers, complimentary in-room breakfast, and a late-check out of 4 p.m.
Sofitel Hotels: Free Breakfast with Your Stay
In addition to your accommodations, you'll receive complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
Illinois Travel Advice See All Illinois Travel Advice
- 25 Best Hotels in the World The people have spoken, and they revealed where you can find the most luxurious overwater villas, the coolest skyscraper stays, and the most sweeping presidential suites.
- Magical Christmas Markets in North America
- 10 Iconic American Public-Transit Rides Certain public-transit rides offer a lot more than plain conveyance. Great scenery, technological innovation, and historical significance await on ferries and funiculars around the U.S.
- This Year's Most Popular Destinations for Fall Not sure where to go for your 2014 autumn escape? Read on to find out the top 10 places people are visiting this fall.
- America's Best State Fairs Nothing says America like deep-fried food, butter sculptures, and dubious carnival rides. Whether you like livestock, musical shows, or food on a stick, there's a state fair out there for you. Here are 10 favorites across the country.
- 10 Hotels with the Best Views in the U.S. A perfect view is a priceless hotel amenity. Here are 10 U.S. properties that overlook superb vistas and offer guests a picture-perfect point of view.