Hungary Travel GuideWhen to visit Hungary
Hungary has four seasons that offer a host of different activities. Depending on interests, any time can be a good time to visit. The most popular time to come is during the summer, particularly August, when the weather is warm and many tourists are on vacation. Summer is an ideal time to visit resort areas such as Lake Balaton. The winter is the least popular time due to cold weather, but prices are the cheapest and there are many concerts and museum events. Spring and fall are ideal times for city breaks, as there are fewer tourists, pleasant weather, and plenty of cultural activities. Budapest is a year-round destination with not much of a big difference between seasons.
Editors' Picks: Hungary DealsSee All Hungary Travel Deals
$709+ R/T Europe Fall Flights with Lufthansa
More than 400 routes are included, with destinations such as Athens, Berlin, Prague, and Moscow.
NH Hotels: Book Early, Save 20 Percent in Europe
Are you an organizer? Then you should check out European hotelier NH Hotels' promotion, which rewards those who book and pay at least seven days in advance. Preplanners can get up to 25 percent off rates throughout Europe!
Hungary Travel Advice See All Hungary Travel Advice
- Europe's Cheapest Cities This Year The time to go is now. But Europe is a big place. So where should you visit to make the most of the strong dollar?
- 25 Best Hotels in the World The people have spoken, and they revealed where you can find the most luxurious overwater villas, the coolest skyscraper stays, and the most sweeping presidential suites.
- 10 Romantic Getaways You've Never Done Before This Valentine's Day, think outside of the (chocolate) box and embark on one of these unique and unusually romantic getaways, from the stark orange desert of Oman to the snowy tundra of Greenland.
- Soak in These Amazing Geothermal Hot Spots Soak your cares away outdoors in unforgettable settings, from the shadow of a volcano in the Pacific Rim of Fire to the fault line of the Rocky Mountains range.
- 10 Places You Shouldn't Go If You're Phobic In this, our most macabre month, we're taking a look at 10 places known for the kind of spectacles that many people would travel the world to see ... and a few would go to any lengths to avoid.