Popular Germany DestinationsSee all 2873
Germany Travel GuideAbout Germany
Germany is very much in touch with its past, but that doesn't stop the country from looking towards the future. Travelers can explore castles, ski down the slopes, or savor city life.When to Visit Germany
Germany's weather can be unpredictable, but the climate is generally best from May through September. Summer, along with the winter holidays, is the most popular time to visit.
Editors' Picks: Germany DealsSee All Germany Travel Deals
NH Hotels: Book Early, Save 20 Percent in Europe
Are you an organizer? Then you should check out European hotelier NH Hotels' promotion, which rewards those who book and pay at least seven days in advance. Preplanners can get up to 25 percent off rates throughout Europe!
Fly Business Class for Thanksgiving in Europe
KLM and Lufthansa announced big discounts on business class to Europe over Thanksgiving, plus sales on Air China, Singapore Airlines, OpenSkies, Air New Zealand, and Air France.
Suitehotel: Up to 40 Percent Off Extended Stays and More
Book a stay at a participating Suitehotel and save up to 40 percent off extended stays.
Germany Travel Advice See All Germany Travel Advice
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.
- Christmas Celebrations Around the World Pack up the sleigh and wrap yourself in your coziest scarf. We're going on a tour of 10 Christmas scenes around the world, from citywide celebrations to cheery holiday markets.
- 14 Holiday Desserts Worth a Trip From witnessing a German baker knead dough into a classic Christmas fruitcake to indulging in jelly-filled Hanukkah doughnuts in Israel, here's the story on 14 internationally loved holiday treats and ways to enjoy them when you travel.
- 10 Picture-Perfect Mountain Towns to See in Winter There's something impossibly charming about a mountain town in winter. From Colorado to Japan, here are 10 off-the-beaten-path hamlets that are especially enchanting during wintertime.
- 7 Scenic Roads Too Terrifying to Drive Forget about your seat belt: You might want to strap into a parachute for some of these dizzying and dangerous roads. We hear there are some killer views. (Literally!)