Frankfurt Travel GuideAbout Frankfurt
Frankfurt may be home to continental Europe's largest airport, but it's more than just a point of entry—it's a destination in its own right, a cultural center with international flair.When to Visit Frankfurt
With a temperate climate and major events throughout the year, Frankfurt is a city for all seasons. The most popular time to go is during the summer, when schools are on vacation and the weather is at its warmest. November and December are also busy times to go, when the Christmas Market lights up the city and enchants visitors.
Editors' Picks: Frankfurt DealsSee All Frankfurt Travel Deals
Fly Business Class for Thanksgiving in Europe
KLM and Lufthansa announced big discounts on business class to Europe over Thanksgiving, plus sales on Air China, Singapore Airlines, OpenSkies, Air New Zealand, and Air France.
Frankfurt Travel Advice See All Frankfurt Travel Advice
- 11 Best Airport Hotels Around the World Long layover? Canceled flight? Spending the night at the airport is sometimes unavoidable. But you don't have to cram your weary bones into a plastic seat (or worse, curl up on the floor). Instead, we scoured the world for the best airport hotels.
- Europe Airfares Next Spring and Summer: Buy or Wait? Ed Perkins looks at the advantages and disadvantages of locking in your Europe airfare early or holding out for a future sale.
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Fall 2009 When the temperature cools down, the savings heat up in off-season destinations. Whether you're looking for something far-flung or close to home, autumn brings savings to popular spots.
- Europe's Castles and Culture on a Fairy Tale Budget The Deal Detective helps a couple plan the trip of a lifetime in Germany and Switzerland. Plus, submit your own travel question!
- Kissimmee Travel Guide
Kissimmee is the Disney World bargain hunters' secret weapon.
- Williamsburg Travel Guide
Williamsburg delivers a vacation to the past, no time machine necessary.
- Kansas City Travel Guide
Visit Kansas City for great jazz, smoking barbecue, its famous fountains, and much more.
- Richmond Travel Guide
Fall in love with Virginia's capital city.
- Louisville Travel Guide
Louisville is a home run destination for tourists who want a family-friendly vacation.
- Lexington Travel Guide
Step back into the past in the "Horse Capital of the World."
- Greensboro Travel Guide
Greensboro combines a small-town feel with big-city attractions.
- Chattanooga Travel Guide
Chattanooga is set among gorgeous scenery in the Volunteer State.
- San Jose Travel Guide
San Jose hosts many business travelers, but is a great stop for families too.
- Arlington Travel Guide
Arlington, Virginia, is a patriot's top destination.