Costa Rica Travel GuideWhen to visit Costa Rica
With consistently warm temperatures, Costa Rica is a year-round destination. However, the country has two distinct seasons: a dry season from December through April, and a wet "green" season from May through November. The dry season is the most popular time to visit, but the green season can be an ideal time to see lush vegetation and take advantage of lower prices. The holidays from December 25 through January 2, as well as the middle of July (due to school vacations), are considered the busiest peak times.
Editors' Picks: Costa Rica DealsSee All Costa Rica Travel Deals
$438+ R/T Worldwide Sale on Delta
China, Japan, France, Spain, Bermuda, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, and many others are on sale!
Costa Rica Travel Advice See All Costa Rica Travel Advice
- 10 Beaches That Should Be on Your Bucket List
- 10 Dreamy Beachfront Resorts At these dreamy digs on some of the world's best beaches, you can sink your toes into warm sand and find your ideal place in the sun.
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Summer 2011 Summer inspires vacations like no other season. All that demand can mean higher prices, but not if you know which surprising destinations are still affordable. Look to these five budget-friendly hot spots for a true summer bargains.
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Summer 2010 Summer is one of the most popular times to travel. Luckily, the season does make some destinations off-peak, and smart vacationers can take advantage of lower rates around the world.
- Save Money With Repositioning Cruises Spring and fall mean transitioning wardrobes—and repositioning ships. See several world regions on one of these sailings, at cheaper per-diem rates than "regular" cruises.