Costa Rica Travel GuideWhen to visit Costa Rica
With consistently warm temperatures, Costa Rica is a year-round destination. However, the country has two distinct seasons: a dry season from December through April, and a wet "green" season from May through November. The dry season is the most popular time to visit, but the green season can be an ideal time to see lush vegetation and take advantage of lower prices. The holidays from December 25 through January 2, as well as the middle of July (due to school vacations), are considered the busiest peak times.
Costa Rica Travel Advice See All Costa Rica Travel Advice
- 10 Dreamy Beachfront Resorts At these dreamy digs on some of the world's best beaches, you can sink your toes into warm sand and find your ideal place in the sun.
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Summer 2011 Summer inspires vacations like no other season. All that demand can mean higher prices, but not if you know which surprising destinations are still affordable. Look to these five budget-friendly hot spots for a true summer bargains.
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Summer 2010 Summer is one of the most popular times to travel. Luckily, the season does make some destinations off-peak, and smart vacationers can take advantage of lower rates around the world.
- Save Money With Repositioning Cruises Spring and fall mean transitioning wardrobes—and repositioning ships. See several world regions on one of these sailings, at cheaper per-diem rates than "regular" cruises.
- Ten Easy Ways to Travel Greener A few simple switches is all it takes to make a big difference to the environment—and your wallet. We asked Chris Lane, vice president of environmental affairs for Xanterra Parks, for advice, and also compiled some great tips from our readers.
Beaches and mountains on the same trip, especially for you!
Choose From A Variety Of Eco-Tours In An Outdoor Adventurer’s Paradise