Popular Chile and Easter Island DestinationsSee all 39
Chile and Easter Island Travel GuideWhen to visit Chile
On the map, Chile is a sliver of territory with almost 3,728 miles of Pacific coast. Because of its elongated shape, it has a diverse geography and climate, and can be an ideal destination year-round, depending on activities. The most popular time to visit for general tourism is November through March, when the weather is pleasant and Chileans are on vacation. The winter months of June to October are also a popular time for skiing and winter sports.
Chile and Easter Island Travel Advice See All Chile and Easter Island Travel Advice
- Patagonia and Torres del Paine: Hiking at the Edge of the World The secret to hiking in Patagonia? Hit the trails during the winter.
- Summer Savings in South America's Top Tourist Spots Whether it's luxury in Patagonia or hiking in Bolivia that gets you excited, this week's crop of deals has something for you. Plus, submit a question to get help with your next vacation.
- Ten Amazing Adventure Lodges The idea of staying at an "eco" lodge may conjure up visions of mosquitoes and beds made of recycled corn husks. But the truth is, there are now many lodges offering comfort, adventure, and a truly "green" experience.
- The best new adventure trips of 2008 There are many worthy adventure companies designing bold new trips, including an exciting batch of itineraries for 2008. After checking in with the top providers and getting a sneak peek at what's cooking in their trip laboratories, here are my picks for the top new trips.
- The 10 best adventure travel bargains of 2007 The most important thing you can do when choosing a trip is to select the package that offers the best value for the money, which is not always the provider with the lowest price. A reasonable cost and an experience of a lifetime can add up to a great adventure bargain.