Central America Travel GuideWhen to visit Central America
Though each of the countries in Central America has a unique high and low season, all the countries follow a similar pattern of attracting the most visitors either during the winter months, school vacations, holidays, or some combination of the three. While regional temperatures stay pleasant year-round, visitors should factor in rainy seasons (usually in late summer or early fall), and along the Caribbean seaboard, hurricane season.
Editors' Picks: Central America DealsSee All Central America Travel Deals
$34+ O/W Sale on JetBlue's New Routes
JetBlue is discouting flights on many new routes, including service to Las Vegas, Costa Rica, and more!
Expedia: Up to 40 Percent Off Mexico and Central America
Cabo, Cancun, or Costa Rica?
Top 10 Beach Destinations for Summer 2011
From far-flung shores to the beach next door, we'll help you find a seaside destination that's a perfect fit for you and your budget this summer.
Wyndham: Honeymooners Get Seven Nights for Price of Five
It's a Honeymoon Special! When you take a seven-night honeymoon at participating Wyndham locations, you can receive two of those nights free.
Central America Travel Advice See All Central America Travel Advice
- 25 Best Hotels in the World The people have spoken, and they revealed where you can find the most luxurious overwater villas, the coolest skyscraper stays, and the most sweeping presidential suites.
- 10 Romantic Getaways You've Never Done Before This Valentine's Day, think outside of the (chocolate) box and embark on one of these unique and unusually romantic getaways, from the stark orange desert of Oman to the snowy tundra of Greenland.
- Nonstop Party: The Biggest Carnival Celebrations in the Caribbean It's carnival season! For a warm, sunny place to unshackle your inhibitions, hit the Caribbean, where celebrations give you permission to indulge today and repent tomorrow.
- Soak in These Amazing Geothermal Hot Spots Soak your cares away outdoors in unforgettable settings, from the shadow of a volcano in the Pacific Rim of Fire to the fault line of the Rocky Mountains range.
- Add Honduras to Your Bucket List If you have yet to visit Honduras, you're missing out. Here are seven of so many reasons why you need to add Honduras to your bucket list.