Bahamas Travel GuideWhen to visit the Bahamas
Consisting of nearly 700 islands and islets, fewer than 30 of which are inhabited, the Bahamas remain a mysterious and exciting place to vacation. The climate stays fairly warm throughout the year and is interrupted only by occasional light and intermittent showers, especially during the summer rainy season. Breezes off the Atlantic Ocean help to keep the islands cool during the winter, making it the best time to visit.
Editors' Picks: Bahamas DealsSee All Bahamas Travel Deals
Two Low-Fare Airlines Heat Up Cold-Weather Promotions
DirectAir goes half-off and Vision extends Grand Bahama discounts.
Two Nights Free at Florida, Caribbean, Mexico Resorts
An impressive deal for stays at some of Wyndam's top resorts. Get four nights for the price of two, as well as a $100 credit at select properties.
Wyndham: Fifth Night Free, Plus $100 Gift Card
Wyndham is offering a fifth night free when you stay five consecutive nights at one of its resorts in the U.S., Caribbean, or Mexico.
Wyndham: Honeymooners Get Seven Nights for Price of Five
It's a Honeymoon Special! When you take a seven-night honeymoon at participating Wyndham locations, you can receive two of those nights free.
Carnival's Last-Minute Travel Deals From $289
Carnival Cruise Lines' website lists cruises with prices starting at $289, mostly for departures within the next few weeks.
Free Bahamas Sailings on Your Birthday
Discovery Cruise Line, a small Florida-based cruise company, offers round-trip sailings to Grand Bahama Island for free during your birthday month, from $50 per adult, and free for children 12 and under.
Disney Cruise Specials From $450
For three- and four-day Bahamian sailings this May and June, Disney is offering discounted rates. Adult prices start at $450.
Bahamas Travel Advice See All Bahamas Travel Advice
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Winter 2014/2015 From sunny beaches to snowy urban hot spots, our picks for top bargain destinations this winter offer great reasons to go and unbeatable prices.
- The Caribbean's Best Day-Trip Islands One of the Caribbean's best surprises is its many little islets that surround the major islands. Some are always up for a party, others offer a secluded getaway, and still others are a pristine time capsule of the Caribbean at its wildest and most unspoiled. Here are ten of our favorites.
- 10 (Almost) Secret Caribbean Islands Pirate hideouts and pink-sand beaches. Local culture untouched by cruise ships and crowds. This is the Caribbean the world doesn't yet know. Far off the mainland, floating in endless expanses of deep blue sea, find 10 secret islands that are practically perfect for escapists, adventurers, and vacationers who simply don't want to be found.
- Places You Never Thought You Could Afford in the Caribbean The Caribbean's most exclusive and expensive islands may seem beyond your reach, but where there's a will to go, there's a way to save.
- 10 Best Caribbean Bargains This Winter Winter may be high season for the Caribbean, but that doesn't mean money-saving deals can't be found among its clear waters and sugar-soft sand. Head to a warmer clime (for a lot less dime) with one of these great deals.