Australia and Pacific
Australia and Pacific Travel GuideWhen to visit Australia and the Pacific
Australia and the Pacific is a diverse region that includes tropical, temperate, and desert climates. For the most part, it has two seasons that last six months each and are opposite to those in the northern hemisphere: summer, from December to mid-May, and winter, from mid-May through November. Anytime can be a good time to go considering that many areas are warm year-round. Australia and New Zealand have more distinct seasons, but the cooler periods can be ideal for activities like skiing.
Editors' Picks: Australia and Pacific DealsSee All Australia and Pacific Travel Deals
Novotel: Advance Booking Discounts
If you're willing to prepay for your stay, you can save at Novotel. Make reservations at least 21 days in advance to request discounted rates.
Novotel: Free Breakfast, Late Checkout, & More for Families
Lodging and breakfast are free for two children under 16 when they stay in their parents' room. Families are also offered late 5 p.m. check-out on Sundays and can book a second room at half price.
Novotel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, Novotel will give you that rate minus an additional 10 percent.
Receive Free Nights with Australia Packages
If you've bothered to travel all the way Down Under, why not stay a little longer? Book select airfare-inclusive Australia vacation packages from Trafalgar and tack up to three extra nights on to your package for free.
Top 10 Beach Destinations for Summer 2011
From far-flung shores to the beach next door, we'll help you find a seaside destination that's a perfect fit for you and your budget this summer.
Novotel: 40% Off, Plus Free Breakfasts
Book a City Breaks package at Novotel Hotels, and you can receive up to 40 percent off rates with daily breakfast included. A minimum two-night stay is required.
Swissotel: 'Endless Weekends' Extend Your Stay
Swissotel's Endless Weekend promotion offers guests a chance to sleep in and relax rather than rush. The package includes a one- or two-night stay, breakfast until 2 p.m., and a 2 p.m. checkout.
Australia and Pacific Travel Advice See All Australia and Pacific Travel Advice
- How to Snack Like a Local in Europe With so much food in the world to try, every traveler needs an excuse to snack between meals.
- Australia's West Coast: Seven Wild Reasons to Visit Welcome to Western Australia, where you can swim with whale sharks, snorkel a reef that rivals the Great Barrier, and dine in one of the country's most cosmopolitan cities.
- 10 Cool Nature Retreats with Unbelievable Views Where do you go when you want to get away from it all? How about one of these 10 wild nature retreats with million-dollar views?
- World's Most Overpriced Travel Destinations Think of your vacation budget. Now add a few zeros. Excellent, now you're ready for the world's most overpriced travel destinations, places with tremendous appeal and intimidating price tags.
- 10 Romantic Islands You'll Fall in Love With We combed the planet for the most romantic islands we could find, where idyllic sunsets, private bungalows, and dinners for two are de rigueur. Here are 10 of our favorites.