Australia and Pacific
Australia and Pacific Travel GuideWhen to visit Australia and the Pacific
Australia and the Pacific is a diverse region that includes tropical, temperate, and desert climates. For the most part, it has two seasons that last six months each and are opposite to those in the northern hemisphere: summer, from December to mid-May, and winter, from mid-May through November. Anytime can be a good time to go considering that many areas are warm year-round. Australia and New Zealand have more distinct seasons, but the cooler periods can be ideal for activities like skiing.
Editors' Picks: Australia and Pacific DealsSee All Australia and Pacific Travel Deals
Novotel: Advance Booking Discounts
If you're willing to prepay for your stay, you can save at Novotel. Make reservations at least 21 days in advance to request discounted rates.
Novotel: Free Breakfast, Late Checkout, & More for Families
Lodging and breakfast are free for two children under 16 when they stay in their parents' room. Families are also offered late 5 p.m. check-out on Sundays and can book a second room at half price.
Novotel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, Novotel will give you that rate minus an additional 10 percent.
Receive Free Nights with Australia Packages
If you've bothered to travel all the way Down Under, why not stay a little longer? Book select airfare-inclusive Australia vacation packages from Trafalgar and tack up to three extra nights on to your package for free.
Novotel: 40% Off, Plus Free Breakfasts
Book a City Breaks package at Novotel Hotels, and you can receive up to 40 percent off rates with daily breakfast included. A minimum two-night stay is required.
Swissotel: 'Endless Weekends' Extend Your Stay
Swissotel's Endless Weekend promotion offers guests a chance to sleep in and relax rather than rush. The package includes a one- or two-night stay, breakfast until 2 p.m., and a 2 p.m. checkout.
Australia and Pacific Travel Advice See All Australia and Pacific Travel Advice
- 10 Far-Off Destinations at the Edge of the World
- 14 Holiday Desserts Worth a Trip From witnessing a German baker knead dough into a classic Christmas fruitcake to indulging in jelly-filled Hanukkah doughnuts in Israel, here's the story on 14 internationally loved holiday treats and ways to enjoy them when you travel.
- Destinations to Watch in 2014 Find out which destinations have something really special happening in 2014, whether it's a momentous anniversary, an acclaimed event, or just one really big, marvelous party
- 10 Incredible Ski Resorts Around the World World-class skiing is just the tip of the iceberg at these 10 cool resorts where natural hot springs, indoor water parks, scenic gondolas, and romantic sleigh rides entice even non-skiers for a winter stay.
- 10 Dreamy Beachfront Resorts At these dreamy digs on some of the world's best beaches, you can sink your toes into warm sand and find your ideal place in the sun.
- 10 Best National Parks Around the World If you love exotic wildlife, ancient ruins, and otherworldly scenery, you might want to add these 10 foreign national parks to your bucket list.
Explore Ultimate Australia. Group & Solo Travel For Ages 50+
The Easiest Way To Travel Australia Save up to $400 per couple!