Australia and Pacific
Australia and Pacific Travel GuideWhen to visit Australia and the Pacific
Australia and the Pacific is a diverse region that includes tropical, temperate, and desert climates. For the most part, it has two seasons that last six months each and are opposite to those in the northern hemisphere: summer, from December to mid-May, and winter, from mid-May through November. Anytime can be a good time to go considering that many areas are warm year-round. Australia and New Zealand have more distinct seasons, but the cooler periods can be ideal for activities like skiing.
Editors' Picks: Australia and Pacific DealsSee All Australia and Pacific Travel Deals
Novotel: Advance Booking Discounts
If you're willing to prepay for your stay, you can save at Novotel. Make reservations at least 21 days in advance to request discounted rates.
Novotel: Free Breakfast, Late Checkout, & More for Families
Lodging and breakfast are free for two children under 16 when they stay in their parents' room. Families are also offered late 5 p.m. check-out on Sundays and can book a second room at half price.
Novotel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, Novotel will give you that rate minus an additional 10 percent.
Receive Free Nights with Australia Packages
If you've bothered to travel all the way Down Under, why not stay a little longer? Book select airfare-inclusive Australia vacation packages from Trafalgar and tack up to three extra nights on to your package for free.
Top 10 Beach Destinations for Summer 2011
From far-flung shores to the beach next door, we'll help you find a seaside destination that's a perfect fit for you and your budget this summer.
Novotel: 40% Off, Plus Free Breakfasts
Book a City Breaks package at Novotel Hotels, and you can receive up to 40 percent off rates with daily breakfast included. A minimum two-night stay is required.
Swissotel: 'Endless Weekends' Extend Your Stay
Swissotel's Endless Weekend promotion offers guests a chance to sleep in and relax rather than rush. The package includes a one- or two-night stay, breakfast until 2 p.m., and a 2 p.m. checkout.
Australia and Pacific Travel Advice See All Australia and Pacific Travel Advice
- 10 Hotels Where You Can Truly Get Away from It All If you take your solitude with a healthy dose of natural beauty, these incredibly remote hotels are worth the trek.
- 10 Places You Shouldn't Go If You're Phobic In this, our most macabre month, we're taking a look at 10 places known for the kind of spectacles that many people would travel the world to see ... and a few would go to any lengths to avoid.
- Incredible Free Museums Around the World Jetting around the world isn't free, but cultural enrichment can be. We uncovered 10 incredible museums, from Paris to Beijing, where cultural discovery is rich but admission is free for all.
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Fall 2014 The season beckons with beautiful weather, fewer crowds, and better prices. So grab your suitcase and put on your traveling shoes: These five destinations offering great deals this fall deliver everything from cozy getaways to adventures of a lifetime.
- 11 Best Airport Hotels Around the World Long layover? Canceled flight? Spending the night at the airport is sometimes unavoidable. But you don't have to cram your weary bones into a plastic seat (or worse, curl up on the floor). Instead, we scoured the world for the best airport hotels.
- World's Most Beautiful Bike Trails Cycling vacations aren't just for top-tier athletes. Many of the world's most beautiful bike trails take in the countryside on gentle paths that favor scenery over strenuous pedaling. For this list of beautiful bike trails around the world, we selected routes that can be done in days or weeks, depending on your level of commitment. Bonus: You won't feel guilty sampling the local cuisine after you've spent a day burning calories on a bike trail.