Austin Travel GuideAbout Austin
The self-proclaimed Live Music Capital of the World lives up to the hype, with nearly 200 music venues. Austin also offers quirky sights, cool shopping, and plenty of sunshine, all delivered at the city's signature laid-back pace.When to Visit Austin
With warm year-round weather and affordable pricing, Austin is a popular vacation spot. Spring and fall are the busiest times to visit, with major festivals, comfortable weather, and University of Texas football games from September through November.
Editors' Picks: Austin DealsSee All Austin Travel Deals
United's New Airfare Sale: Fly Any Day of the Week
This brand-new sale discounts travel any day of the week into June when you book by March 5.
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Baymont Inns and Suites: Senior, Group, Youth Discounts
Baymont Inns and Suites offers discounts for specific groups, including members of Auto Clubs, AARP, and U.S. Youth Soccer members, among others. Discounts range from 10 to 20 percent off.
Baymont Inns and Suites: Best Rates Guaranteed
Book online directly with Baymont to be eligible for the company's Guaranteed Best Rate. If you do find a lower rate for the same hotel on the same dates, Baymont will match the rate and give you an additional 10 percent off your stay.
Austin Travel Advice See All Austin Travel Advice
- 10 Relaxing Resorts Where You Can Warm Up This Winter From the pink sands of Bermuda to the hot springs of Whistler, take off to these 10 resorts where relaxing, reenergizing, and healing are the only things on your radar.
- 10 Places You Shouldn't Go If You're Phobic In this, our most macabre month, we're taking a look at 10 places known for the kind of spectacles that many people would travel the world to see ... and a few would go to any lengths to avoid.
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.
- Top off-peak destinations for winter Winter, typically a slow travel season across-the-board, brings great vacation opportunities to destinations around the world. Our picks for the top five destinations for winter 2006/2006 include Austin, Beijing, Germany, Paris, and Vancouver.
- Grand Rapids Travel Guide
Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a welcoming Midwestern city.
- Milwaukee Travel Guide
Milwaukee's breweries and arts scene attract all kinds of tourists.
- Irving Travel Guide
Find a hotel in Irving
- Huntsville Travel Guide
Search for hotel deals in Huntsville
- Macon Travel Guide
What better way to celebrate spring than with cherry-blossom festivities?
- Lincoln Travel Guide
Compare airfare to Lincoln
- Columbia Travel Guide
Check for airfare deals to Columbia
- North Charleston Travel Guide
Find a hotel in North Charleston
- St. George Travel Guide
Check for airfare deals to St. George
- Green Bay Travel Guide
Find a hotel in Green Bay