Athens Travel GuideAbout Athens
Athens, Greece, offers visitors numerous historical sites to explore. But the modern city is young and vibrant, with shopping and nightlife to entertain visitors.When to Visit Athens
With sunny and warm days no matter the season, Athens is a year-round destination. The most popular time to visit is late spring through fall, when the weather is the most accommodating and school is on break. August may be one of the hotter months, but hotel rates drop and the city is less crowded since most Athenians leave for their own vacations. Winter brings fewer visitors, but city campaigns hope to increase these numbers by offering attractive packages and events.
Editors' Picks: Athens DealsSee All Athens Travel Deals
Athens Travel Advice See All Athens Travel Advice
- Travel Back in Time to These Amazing Ancient Cities The world's oldest cities are once-in-a-lifetime destinations. Read on to be transported to 10 ancient cities where you can take part in age-old rituals and learn about the legends that have been passed down for more generations than you can ever fathom.
- Cities Offering the Best Value in Accommodations According to a recent survey, Prague tops the list of destinations offering the best value in hotel accommodations. Read on to find out what other cities made the cut.
- World's Best Tourist Attractions There are some sights you just can't miss. You may end up waiting in long lines, but there's a reason why these 10 destinations are worth the wait.
- Stretch Your Dollar in Europe This Summer The euro is hovering around $1.30, but you can still stretch your money. Find out how to save on airfare, car rentals, and hotels, and what to do about that stubborn currency exchange.
- Save Money With Repositioning Cruises Spring and fall mean transitioning wardrobes—and repositioning ships. See several world regions on one of these sailings, at cheaper per-diem rates than "regular" cruises.
- Anaheim Travel Guide
Anaheim draws visitors from around the world with its pirates and talking mouse.
- Scottsdale Travel Guide
Scottsdale is an oasis in the middle of the Sonoran desert.
- Boston Travel Guide
Boston holds tightly onto its past as it parades into the future.
- Tulsa Travel Guide
Tulsa lassos fun for everyone.
- Kissimmee Travel Guide
Kissimmee is the Disney World bargain hunters' secret weapon.
- Williamsburg Travel Guide
Williamsburg delivers a vacation to the past, no time machine necessary.
- Kansas City Travel Guide
Visit Kansas City for great jazz, smoking barbecue, its famous fountains, and much more.
- Richmond Travel Guide
Fall in love with Virginia's capital city.
- Louisville Travel Guide
Louisville is a home run destination for tourists who want a family-friendly vacation.
- Lexington Travel Guide
Step back into the past in the "Horse Capital of the World."