Athens Travel GuideAbout Athens
Athens, Greece, offers visitors numerous historical sites to explore. But the modern city is young and vibrant, with shopping and nightlife to entertain visitors.When to Visit Athens
With sunny and warm days no matter the season, Athens is a year-round destination. The most popular time to visit is late spring through fall, when the weather is the most accommodating and school is on break. August may be one of the hotter months, but hotel rates drop and the city is less crowded since most Athenians leave for their own vacations. Winter brings fewer visitors, but city campaigns hope to increase these numbers by offering attractive packages and events.
Editors' Picks: Athens DealsSee All Athens Travel Deals
Greece: 4-City, 8-Day Vacations, Inc. Air, Hotel from $1709
Greece: It's a destination for history buffs, those who love ancient cultures, and culinary aficionados.
$1459 -- Athens, Mykonos and Santorini: 10-Night Vacations
This value package includes round-trip airfare, four nights in Athens, three in Mykonos, three in Santorini and ferries to the islands.
Athens Travel Advice See All Athens Travel Advice
- 17 Hotels with Stunning Views of Iconic Sites You won't be waiting in line at these iconic landmarks with views like these.
- Cities Offering the Best Value in Accommodations According to a recent survey, Prague tops the list of destinations offering the best value in hotel accommodations. Read on to find out what other cities made the cut.
- World's Best Tourist Attractions There are some sights you just can't miss. You may end up waiting in long lines, but there's a reason why these 10 destinations are worth the wait.
- Stretch Your Dollar in Europe This Summer The euro is hovering around $1.30, but you can still stretch your money. Find out how to save on airfare, car rentals, and hotels, and what to do about that stubborn currency exchange.
- Save Money With Repositioning Cruises Spring and fall mean transitioning wardrobes—and repositioning ships. See several world regions on one of these sailings, at cheaper per-diem rates than "regular" cruises.
- Anaheim Travel Guide
Anaheim draws visitors from around the world with its pirates and talking mouse.
- Scottsdale Travel Guide
Scottsdale is an oasis in the middle of the Sonoran desert.
- Boston Travel Guide
Boston holds tightly onto its past as it parades into the future.
- Tulsa Travel Guide
Tulsa lassos fun for everyone.
- Kissimmee Travel Guide
Kissimmee is the Disney World bargain hunters' secret weapon.
- Williamsburg Travel Guide
Williamsburg delivers a vacation to the past, no time machine necessary.
- Kansas City Travel Guide
Visit Kansas City for great jazz, smoking barbecue, its famous fountains, and much more.
- Richmond Travel Guide
Fall in love with Virginia's capital city.
- Louisville Travel Guide
Whether you come for the bourbon, the bluegrass, the amazing dining scene, or something a little more active, Louisville has what you're looking for. This cosmopolitan city has plenty of attractions for all ages and interests.
- Lexington Travel Guide
Check for airfare deals to Lexington