Amsterdam Travel GuideAbout Amsterdam
Amsterdam's stunning architecture, friendly locals, and cultural activities speak to the true essence of this European city. Charming canals and historic districts make this city unique.When to Visit Amsterdam
With a temperate and sometimes moody climate, Amsterdam experiences seasonal variations that differ from year to year. However, there are certain constants that attract visitors year-round. The most popular times to visit are the spring, summer, and the Christmas holidays.
Editors' Picks: Amsterdam DealsSee All Amsterdam Travel Deals
$656+ R/T Spring Europe Flights from KLM
Spring flights to major European cities, including Amsterdam, Athens, London, Milan, and others are discounted.
Swissotel: 'Endless Weekends' Extend Your Stay
Swissotel's Endless Weekend promotion offers guests a chance to sleep in and relax rather than rush. The package includes a one- or two-night stay, breakfast until 2 p.m., and a 2 p.m. checkout.
Amsterdam Travel Advice See All Amsterdam Travel Advice
- 10 Cool Converted Schoolhouse Hotels We found some amazing schoolhouses around the world that have been transformed into unique hotels, perfect for a back-to-school break. Pack your best Trapper Keeper and Lisa Frank pencils: Here are 10 cool converted schoolhouse hotels you won't mind reporting to.
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.
- 9 Crazy Cat Destinations for Feline Aficionados Discover nine destinations where you can scratch your cat itch, curl up with a purring fur ball, or even adopt a new companion.
- Stretch Your Dollar in Europe This Summer The euro is hovering around $1.30, but you can still stretch your money. Find out how to save on airfare, car rentals, and hotels, and what to do about that stubborn currency exchange.
Ten Cheap Spring Europe Vacations
Our picks for the top Europe vacations of the year include old standbys such as Paris, Rome, and London, plus unique trips to the Greek Isles, castles in Scotland, and a rail trip through Amsterdam, Berlin, and Prague.
- Tampa Travel Guide
Tampa's weather and attractions are certain to please year-round.
- Columbus Travel Guide
Discover the past and the present in Columbus.
- Philadelphia Travel Guide
Philadelphia celebrates its history, culture, and cuisine.
- St. Louis Travel Guide
Just say, "Meet me in St. Louis!" for first-rate attractions.
- Pittsburgh Travel Guide
Pittsburgh has come a long way from its days as the Steel City.
- Miami Travel Guide
Roll sunshine, white sand, and endless activities into one thriving beachside city and you've got Miami.
- Memphis Travel Guide
Memphis has been rockin' and rollin' its way into people's hearts since long before Elvis first laced up his blue suede shoes.
- Albuquerque Travel Guide
Located on historic Route 66, Albuquerque is more than a pit stop.
- Jacksonville Travel Guide
Hit the beach or walk the river in Jacksonville.
- Los Angeles Travel Guide
Find a day at the beach, a glimpse of a celebrity, or a day out with Mickey Mouse.