Popular Alaska DestinationsSee all 301
Alaska Travel GuideWhen to visit Alaska
Long, warm, sunny days in summer melt away the myth that Alaska is freezing and dark. It's the perfect time to experience nature by hiking, camping, or even from a flight-seeing tour. When winter rolls around, temperatures get considerably colder and the amount of sunlight fades. With six to thirteen hours of sunlight left and temperatures around 20 degrees, winter is the best time to drive a team of sled dogs, go skiing, or relax in a horse-drawn sleigh ride.
Editors' Picks: Alaska DealsSee All Alaska Travel Deals
$59+ O/W U.S. and International Summer-Flights Sale
Flights to Las Vegas, Honolulu, and Mazatlan headline this new sale. Book by July 6!
NEW: $34+ O/W Summer Airfare Sale from JetBlue
JetBlue's brand-new summer airfare promotion discounts peak-season flights for travel into September!
$34+ O/W Sale on JetBlue's New Routes
Features discounted flights and new service to Las Vegas, New York, Florida, D.C., and other popular cities!
Alaska Travel Advice See All Alaska Travel Advice
- 10 Best Small Towns for the Holidays From Alaska to Florida and nearly everywhere in between, these towns and villages are perfect for Christmas.
- 10 Hotels Where You Can Truly Get Away from It All If you take your solitude with a healthy dose of natural beauty, these incredibly remote hotels are worth the trek.
- 22 Photos That Will Make You Fall in Love with Alaska Alaska is vast, remote, and wild—and it all makes for beautiful pictures. From wildlife to Wonder Lake, here are 22 photos that will make you fall in love with Alaska.
- America's Best State Fairs Nothing says America like deep-fried food, butter sculptures, and dubious carnival rides. Whether you like livestock, musical shows, or food on a stick, there's a state fair out there for you. Here are 10 favorites across the country.
- 10 Totally Unique (or Wacky) Ways to Travel Road trip? Been there. Caribbean cruise? Done that. Simply jetting off for the weekend? Yawn. Ditch that everyday vacation and, instead, embark on a truly wild adventure. We've uncovered 10 kinds of wacky, totally unique ways to see the world, from horse caravans through Ireland to rocket-ship rides through space, perfect for giving your travel bug a bit of pick-me-up.