Popular Africa Destinations
Africa Travel GuideWhen to visit Africa
Since Africa makes up an extremely large geographic area, it's difficult to determine seasonality for it as a whole. The continent touches the Mediterranean, Atlantic, and Indian Ocean, and has diverse climates that can be tropical, subtropical, arid, or semiarid, depending on region. Its geography is also varied and can include mountains, grassy plateaus, lowlands, and deserts. Africa also straddles the equator with winter and summer seasons differing from north to south. Some countries like the Democratic Republic of Congo are split between the two.
Editors' Picks: Africa DealsSee All Africa Travel Deals
Sonesta: Family Packages with Perks, Savings
Taking a family vacation? Sonesta offers family packages at many of its locations. Packages feature extras that include breakfast, tickets to local attractions, and cookies.
Sonesta: 30 Percent Off for Early Bookings
Book rooms on Sonesta's website and receive savings that range from 10 to 30 percent off when you reserve a room between seven and 30 days in advance.
Top 10 Beach Destinations for Summer 2011
From far-flung shores to the beach next door, we'll help you find a seaside destination that's a perfect fit for you and your budget this summer.
Suitehotel: Up to 40 Percent Off Extended Stays and More
Book a stay at a participating Suitehotel and save up to 40 percent off extended stays.
Africa Travel Advice See All Africa Travel Advice
- Travel Back in Time to These Amazing Ancient Cities The world's oldest cities are once-in-a-lifetime destinations. Read on to be transported to 10 ancient cities where you can take part in age-old rituals and learn about the legends that have been passed down for more generations than you can ever fathom.
- 10 Ancient Ruins That Prove All Roads Lead to Rome The Romans sure got around. Here are our picks for the best Roman ruins outside of Rome.
- Truly Authentic Cultural Food Experiences Around the World Immerse yourself in local culinary traditions on your next trip. These 10 cultural food experiences will give you a truly authentic taste of some mouthwatering destinations around the world.
- 10 Scenic River Cruises Anyone Will Love Small-ship river cruises put you right in the heart of the country you're visiting. Here are 10 of our favorites from around the world.
- World's Most Beautiful Bike Trails Cycling vacations aren't just for top-tier athletes. Many of the world's most beautiful bike trails take in the countryside on gentle paths that favor scenery over strenuous pedaling. For this list of beautiful bike trails around the world, we selected routes that can be done in days or weeks, depending on your level of commitment. Bonus: You won't feel guilty sampling the local cuisine after you've spent a day burning calories on a bike trail.
- 15 World Heritage Sites You Haven't Heard of Yet UNESCO has granted coveted World Heritage status to a number of noteworthy and fascinating sites around the world. Here are 15 of the newest additions.