Popular Africa Destinations
Africa Travel GuideWhen to visit Africa
Since Africa makes up an extremely large geographic area, it's difficult to determine seasonality for it as a whole. The continent touches the Mediterranean, Atlantic, and Indian Ocean, and has diverse climates that can be tropical, subtropical, arid, or semiarid, depending on region. Its geography is also varied and can include mountains, grassy plateaus, lowlands, and deserts. Africa also straddles the equator with winter and summer seasons differing from north to south. Some countries like the Democratic Republic of Congo are split between the two.
Editors' Picks: Africa DealsSee All Africa Travel Deals
Sonesta: Family Packages with Perks, Savings
Taking a family vacation? Sonesta offers family packages at many of its locations. Packages feature extras that include breakfast, tickets to local attractions, and cookies.
Sonesta: 30 Percent Off for Early Bookings
Book rooms on Sonesta's website and receive savings that range from 10 to 30 percent off when you reserve a room between seven and 30 days in advance.
Suitehotel: Up to 40 Percent Off Extended Stays and More
Book a stay at a participating Suitehotel and save up to 40 percent off extended stays.
Africa Travel Advice See All Africa Travel Advice
- 10 Far-Off Destinations at the Edge of the World
- 7 Cultural Capitals Set to Shine in 2014 A new crew of cultural capitals is stepping into the spotlight, celebrating their accolades with commemorative gatherings and once-in-a-lifetime events. Find out which cities and regions will be honored in 2014.
- 10 Dreamy Beachfront Resorts At these dreamy digs on some of the world's best beaches, you can sink your toes into warm sand and find your ideal place in the sun.
- 10 Picture-Perfect Mountain Towns to See in Winter There's something impossibly charming about a mountain town in winter. From Colorado to Japan, here are 10 off-the-beaten-path hamlets that are especially enchanting during wintertime.
- 10 Terrifying Bridges You Need to See to Believe If you suffer from gephyrophobia (fear of bridges), click away now. From bridges so frightening that people will pay someone else to drive their car across to bridges that are just plain dangerous, these 10 bridges are the world's scariest. Are you brave enough to make it to the end of this story?
- 10 Best National Parks Around the World If you love exotic wildlife, ancient ruins, and otherworldly scenery, you might want to add these 10 foreign national parks to your bucket list.
Exclusive Fare SALE until Dec 16. Round-trip & One-way. Hurry to Book
The Leader In Small Groups And The Road Less Traveled.