Starwood Resort Stays for 35% Fewer Points
As it did last year, Starwood is offering award nights at six resorts for 35 percent fewer Starpoints.
With the discount factored in, the per-night prices for the participating resorts are as follows:
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives - 58,500 points a night
- Le Meridien Bora Bora - 39,000 points a night
- Al Maha, Dubai, UAE - 39,000 points a night
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand - 26,000 points a night
- Pine Cliffs Residence, Portugal - 26,000 points a night
- Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand - 26,000 points a night
Starwood's fifth-night free policy applies to these redemptions, so there's the potential for even greater savings for longer stays.
The discount remains in effect through March 3, 2015.
Deal or No Deal
No doubt these are expensive nights, with or without the discount. They're not for those with limited account balances, or those looking to make the most stays for the fewest points.
But for anyone who has the points and aspires to something more than a quick and dirty overnight, these discounts represent an unusual opportunity to enjoy a special experience, and do it for less.
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.