New Hilton Promotion Is Good for Weekend Stays
Hilton's first promotion for 2014 will wow you if you're planning on one or more weekend stays. For weekday stayers, however, there are better bonuses on offer elsewhere.
Between February 1 and April 30, members of Hilton's HHonors program can earn the following bonuses:
- 1,000 bonus points for every eligible weeknight
- 5,000 additional bonus points for weekend (Thursday through Sunday) stays of two or more nights
There's a long list of non-participating hotels, including around 325 properties in the U.S.
There's no limit to the number of bonus points that may be earned.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
Depending on their earning preferences, HHonors members earn at least 10 points per $1 spent at most Hilton brands. So a $100 night would net 1,000 points, plus bonus points or airline miles. At that rate, this promotion's 1,000 bonus points for a weekday night would amount to earning double base points. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but not the kind of incentive that's going to spur a spate of mattress runs.
The bonus for a two-night weekend stay, at 7,000 points, is much more attractive. But it does require a stay of at least two consecutive nights.
- Full three-month promotion period
- Solid bonus for weekend stays
- No cap on bonus points
- Weak bonus for weeknight stays
- 5,000-point weekend bonus requires two nights
- Many hotels are not participating in the promotion
Overall, this isn't among the best of the winter hotel promotions. But if your upcoming travel includes multi-night weekend stays, it's worth a look.
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.