Hyatt's Winter Promo Is Free Nights or Bonus Points
Hyatt has dubbed its upcoming promotion "Endless Possibilities."
Although the offer does feature some options, travelers aren't likely to find any of them particularly compelling.
Between January 15, 2014, and April 30, 2014, Hyatt Gold Passport members can earn one free night after every five paid nights, up to a maximum of four nights after 20 paid nights, or up to 50,000 bonus points as follows:
- 5,000 bonus points after five nights
- 10,000 more bonus points after 10 nights, for 15,000 total bonus points
- 15,000 more bonus points after 15 nights, for 30,000 total bonus points
- 20,000 more bonus points after 20 nights, for 50,000 total bonus points
The free night may be taken at any Category 1 - 4 hotel, and must be used by July 31, 2014.
Registration is required, but won't be available until January 9, 2014.
Deal or No Deal
A free night after five nights could be a decent value, if the qualifying nights are at the cheaper end of the spectrum and the award night is more expensive.
The bonus points offer significantly less value, unless you reach the 15- or 20-night thresholds.
- Adequate promotion period -- 3.5 months
- Lackluster incentives
- Narrow window to use free nights
- Five-night minimum to earn any bonus
To put this offer in context, be sure to check out our roundup of winter promotions from the major hotel chains.
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.