Get a Free Companion Ticket from Choice Hotels
Choice Privileges members who book a Choice stay of two or more nights at advance-purchase rates by December 31 will receive a two-for-one companion airfare certificate.
The deal's in the details, and in this case there are two key definitions.
First, about those advance-purchase rates. As the name would suggest, these are rates that must be booked at least seven, 14, 21, or 30 days in advance.
In exchange for booking so far ahead, you'll get a rate that's as much as 20 percent lower. But there's a potentially significant downside as well: "The rate is non-cancellable, non-changeable, and non-refundable." In other words, if for any reason you're unable to make the stay, your payment is simply lost.
And next, there are the terms and conditions governing the companion ticket:
- "Good for two tickets for one low price."
- Blackout dates will apply.
- A 14-day advance purchase is required.
- Selection of airline varies by market.
- The companion ticket applies to the base fare only and is only available on fares offered through Promotions in Travel LTD.
- See complete terms and conditions sent with registration form.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Deal or No Deal
Are you comfortable with the possibility of forfeiting the price of a stay, should your plans change?
Are you comfortable with the rather vague allusion to "complete terms and conditions" that govern the companion ticket?
If you're not deterred by the above, the combination of a discount and a free companion ticket could deliver plenty of value.
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.