Earn 70K Bonus Points for a Marriott Credit Card
The normal sign-up bonus for the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa card has lately hovered around 50,000-points. Not bad, but not a screaming deal either.
For a limited time, the sign-up bonus has been upped to 70,000 points, after charging $2,000 to the card within the first three months. And there are some free nights on offer as well.
Here's a summary of the card's current features and pricing:
- 70,000 Points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- One free night in Category 1-4 hotels after account approval
- One additional free night at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after the account anniversary date
- Five points per $1 spent at 3,800 Marriott locations; two points on airline ticket purchases directly with airlines, at car rental agencies, and restaurants; and one point elsewhere
- Receive 15 credits toward next elite membership level after account opening and every year after the account anniversary
- No Foreign transaction fees and global Chip and Signature technology
- $0 annual fee the first year, $85 thereafter
- Variable APR, currently 15.99%
Free nights in the Marriott Rewards program cost between 7,500 and 45,000 points per night. So those bonus points amount to between 1.5 nights at a high-end property and nine nights at cheaper hotels. Depending on the individual hotels' rates, the sign-up bonus could be worth between $500 and $1,000. Then there's the free night after account approval. And the annual fee waiver for the first year. Nice!
The bonus is as high as it's ever been for this card, so it's unlikely you'll ever see a better offer. If it's a card (and bonus points) that will work for you, best to apply now, while the enhanced bonus remains in effect. Marriott hasn't announced an end date for the promotion, so the offer could be scaled back at any time.
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.