United Matches Southwest's Double-Miles Offer
Southwest is no longer the only airline offering double points systemwide (more or less) for the next month.
Apparently United felt that Southwest's double-points promotion posed enough of a threat to its traffic that a match was called for.
Isn't it great when competitive forces actually work in favor of consumers?
Between October 21 and November 21, MileagePlus members can earn double miles for United or United Express flights within the 48 continental United States.
Bonus applies to travel in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W and S fare classes.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
- Includes most flights in United's extensive domestic network
- No limit to the number of bonus miles
- Short promotion duration
- Tickets purchased prior to October 21 don't qualify
- Some of the cheapest fares don't qualify
- Bonus miles don't count toward elite status
Reader Reality Check
Is this a game-changer for you, or a yawner?
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.