For hotel customers, this has shaped up as The Summer of Free Nights.
Among the major hotel chains offering free nights for stays this summer:
- Carlson - One free night after two stays between June 1 and August 31.
- Hilton - One free night after either four qualifying stays or 10 nights through June 30.
- Marriott - One free night after three stays through August 31.
- Omni - One free night in conjunction with a paid weekend night through September 6.
- Starwood - One free weekend night after every three stays through July 31.
Now Best Western has added its name to that list.
Between June 20 and August 15, Best Western Rewards members can earn a free night after two qualifying paid stays. The free night voucher must be redeemed by December 25, 2010.
There's a limit of one free night per regular Rewards member, and two free nights for elite members.
Registration is required.
In addition to the free night, Rewards members who qualify for the promotion will receive a one-time, 250-mile bonus for booking the stays at bestwestern.com, and 1,000 bonus points for charging their stays to a Best Western Rewards MasterCard.
Deal or No Deal
With so many free nights on offer, from so many hotel chains, the question for summer travelers isn't whether the Best Western offer is attractive, but whether it's more or less attractive than competing offers.
If you aren't a Best Western loyalist, then depending on your travel budget and where you're traveling, the Carlson and Omni offers are also worth a look.
If you're already planning to stay at Best Western hotels, then this promotion is icing on the cake.
Reader Reality Check
Free nights, anyone?