Hostelworld.com has just announced its picks for the world's top hostels, based on the votes of a half-million hostelers. The top five picks are:
- Jetpak City Hostel, Berlin, Germany
- Hostel of the Sun, Naples, Italy
- La Chimba, Santiago, Chile
- Mama's Hostel, Krakow, Poland
- Wombat's City Hostel (The Lounge), Vienna, Austria
You can find the rest of the winners on the hostelworld.com website.
This list got me thinking about my favorite hostels. I think my two all-time favorites might be Skye Backpackers on the Isle of Skye in Scotland and Ostello Cinque Terre in Manarola, Italy. Or maybe Chalet Martin in Gryon, Switzerland, oooh, or Casa Caracol in Cadiz, Spain. Ok, I should stop now, because this activity could continue all afternoon. The great thing about hostels is that at their best, they appeal to people of all ages and offer a comfortable and affordable way to stay all over the world.