Ever wonder how your trips and points stack up against those of other frequent travelers?
Starwood published a year-end wrap-up featuring a variety of "biggest" and "most" accomplishments recorded by members of its Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program.
Naturally, the data points are cherry-picked with an eye toward promoting the program's earning and redemption opportunities. They're still illuminating.
All figures are for the 2012 calendar year.
- Most points earned for hotel stays by a SPG member: 955,100.
- Most points earned solely for food and beverage purchases: 441,123.
- Most points redeemed for a single flight award: 870,000, for two business-class tickets between Los Angeles and Rome.
- Most points redeemed for a single hotel-stay award: 960,000, for 10 suite nights at the St. Regis Bali.
- Most points redeemed for an experiential award: 370,500, for court-side seats at the U.S. Open Men's Final.
- Most countries visited by a member: 24.
- Most Starwood hotels visited by a single member: 92.
- Most popular check-in time for elite members taking advantage of the check-in-anytime benefit: 10 a.m.
Reader Reality Check
How do those numbers compare with your earning and redemption for the year?
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.
You Might Also Like: