Want to receive stories like this every day? Subscribe to our free Deal Alert newsletter!
TripAdvisor is out with its annual list of the best hotels in the world, including top picks for bargain, romance, luxury, and spa stays. The final tally is based solely on reviews from real travelers.
So without further ado, let's get straight to the lists!
- Best Overall: Golden Well (U Zlate Studne) Prague, Czech Republic
- Best U.S.: Cedarbrook Lodge, Seattle
- Best Bargain: SeaCoast Inn, Hyannis, Massachusetts
- Best All-Inclusive: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Playa Paraiso, Mexico
- B&Bs/Inns (World): The Old Manse, Invermoriston, U.K.
- B&Bs/Inns (U.S.): Sedona Views Bed and Breakfast, Sedona, Arizona
- Luxury (World): Golden Well (U Zlate Studne) Prague, Czech Republic
- Luxury (U.S): Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Maui
- Romance (World): Capella Ixtapa, Ixtapa, Mexico
- Romance (U.S.): Spindrift Inn, Monterey, California
- Spa (World): Alder Thermae Spa Resort, San Quirico d'Orcia, Italy
- Spa (U.S.): Bardessono, Yountville, California
Also worth checking out is the Europeans' favorite hotels list, which I find usually includes smaller, out-of-the way places that may not be on many Americans' radar. You can also get a sense of which destinations are more popular with Europeans, which can be helpful when figuring out where to go in Europe.
So, readers, have you stayed in any of the places on these lists? If so, which? And which of these properties stirs your wanderlust?