Halloween falls on a weekend this year, and hotels around the country are going all out enticing travelers to celebrate with a getaway. Here's a round-up of some of the Halloween-themed packages I've found:
- West Hollywood knows how to celebrate Halloween, with a half million people expected to attend the 22nd annual Halloween Costume Carnaval. Hotel specials include $199 per night at the London West Hollywood, or $245 per night with daily breakfast when staying two nights in a suite at the Le Parc Suites Hotel (code: Halloween).
- San Diego's Hyatt Regency Mission Bay has Halloween weekend rates starting at $135 per night. On Halloween, special events for hotel guests will include "spooktacular" waterslides, movie screenings, Halloween s'mores, trick or treating, and Halloween-themed pool cabanas.
- In Cheyenne, Wyoming, the Historic Plains Hotel is hosting the Tom Horn Murder Mystery dinner show. The rate of $249 per couple includes accommodations, dinner, breakfast, and plenty of mystery.
- Mohegan Sun in Connecticut is offering a Nautical Nightmares Package, which includes overnight accommodations and two tickets to the Mystic Seaport annual Halloween performance "Nautical Nightmares: Blood of the Mutineers at Mystic Seaport," plus a scary in-room movie and snacks, for $299. The package is available on October 18, 25, and 29. Use code PTNNM when booking.
- In Orlando, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort has rooms for $129 per night for Halloween weekend. On Halloween night, guests can trick or treat at the resort's 17 restaurants and lounges and have a Halloween beach party. Use promo code "spooky" when booking.
- On weekends in October, the InterContinental Tampa has a "Tampa Terrors" package, with accommodations, two tickets to the Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream event, a gift basket, and two Bloody Mary's, with rates starting at $189.
How about you? What are you doing for Halloween?