What Is it: Graduated Compression TravelSox from FootSmart.
Price and Where to Buy: $26.99 on FootSmart's website.
- Endorsed by the Airline Medical Directors and Aerospace Medical Associations
- Made with cushy, comfortable materials (75 percent Polyester CoolMax, 15 percent Elastam Lycra, 10 percent Polyamide Nylon)
- Offer arch support
- Ribbed cuffs prevent sagging
- Gradual compression stimulates blood flow
- Available in a wide variety of sizes (men's 6.5-13.5; women's 4-13)
- Machine washable and dry-able
Cons: Fairly high price point for compression socks, however, if you buy three pairs on FootSmart.com, you will get one pair free.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If you have circulation problems or are concerned about Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), these socks are great for moderate support.
- Portability: 9/10. The TravelSox are thicker and longer than dress socks, but are about the same weight and height as knee socks.
- Value: 7/10. If you buy three pairs and get one free, the price point is much better than one pair for almost $30.
- Durability: 10/10. The TravelSox are made with technical fibers that will stand up to many machine washings.
- Cool Factor: 4/10. Let's be honest, compression socks are never going to be cool. At least these are basic black and look like normal socks though, so you won't be un-cool wearing them either.
Final Verdict: If you suffer from swollen or tired feet and legs while flying or sitting for long periods of time, the graduated compression TravelSox might be a worthy splurge for you .
Editor's Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and "cool factor." Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.