What Is It: Dockem's iProp Universal Tablet Bean Bag Stand, a stand for E-readers and tablets that doubles as a travel pillow and extra bag.
- The iProp holds any device less than 17mm thick—meaning you can use it with iPads, Samsung Galaxy tablets, Kindles, etc. (Pretty much all tablets and E-readers on the market.)
- The flexible bean bag-like bottom means you can position your device to any angle you like.
- The silicone pad on the bottom of the iProp keeps it from slipping.
- The back can be unzipped and has storage space to keep headphones or chargers).
- All the parts are removable for easy cleaning (and the exterior mesh bag is machine washable).
- You can flip it over and use the soft back for a travel pillow (this would only work if you had something to lean against—like if you were in the window seat.)
Cons: It's lightweight (less than half a pound) but takes up a fair amount of space for travel. (It would take up about the same amount of space in your bag as a balled-up long-sleeve t-shirt.)
How It Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. I rely on my Kindle Fire for entertainment on the road. Whether it's watching a movie on the plane or reading in bed, I'm using my tablet/E-reader hybrid. But it's tough to balance the Kindle Fire at the right angle to see the screen, and holding it gets tiring. The iProp is great, hands-free solution that works on every surface from airplane tray-tables to hotel beds.
- Portability: 6/10. It's light, but does take up a fair amount of space, especially in a carry-on.
- Value: 10/10. $25 is a good deal for a portable stand.
- Durability: 10/10. The iProp is well-made and easy to clean, which means it will last longer.
- Cool Factor: 7/10. The iProp is non-nondescript, but it's meant to be unobtrusive and in the background. Your focus will be on your tablet or E-reader, not what's holding it up.
Final Verdict: If you use your tablet and/or E-reader as much as we do (and in as many different places), you need the iProp! This is one product we'll use at home (it's the perfect tablet bed stand) and while traveling.
Editor's Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and "cool factor." Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.