What Is it: Rodale's Harmonic Travel Haircare Kit. The kit includes shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and volumizing spray.
Price and Where to Buy: $29.99 at Rodales.com.
- Everything in the kit comes in a 2 fl oz. size, perfect obeying liquid security rules at the airport.
- The design of the bottles is great—they have the normal flip top (or spray top), but then are also topped off by a separate cap, making them virtually spill and leak-proof.
- The bottles come in a clear plastic resealable bag, so you don't have to waste Ziploc bags.
- The products are made in the USA.
- They all smell great and work well on hair—we especially loved the refreshing minty shampoo.
- The line is sulfate, silicone, and cruelty-free, plus organic and packaged in recyclable containers.
Cons: Although we loved the concept of the separate cap on each bottle, it makes the bottles a little bulky—if you put these in a quart Ziploc bag to be 3-1-1 compliant, these bottles wouldn't leave much room for any other toiletries.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Contains everything you need for your haircare routine—and sulfate-free shampoos are tough to find in travel-sizes.
- Portability: 7/10. The tall caps on the bottle take up more space than necessary.
- Value: 5/10. $29 works out to just over $7 per bottle, which is steep for a travel-sized portion of hair product.
- Durability: 10/10. The bottles and included reusable plastic bags are sturdier than most travel-sized cosmetic bottles.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. The bottles have a cute design and the products smell and work great, making your hair look very cool.
Final Verdict: If you're a hair product snob, or if you're into organic, gluten-free, cruelty-free, or silicone/sulfate-free haircare, the Harmonic line is worth the splurge for great hair on-the-go.
Editor's Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and "cool factor." Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.