What Is it: DryDudz, a quick-drying swimsuit that converts from shorts, to a mid-rise boy-short, to a low-rise brief.
Price and Where to Buy: Hybrid board-short: $65; Bikini Top: $25; Men's Board-shorts: $75. Available online at DryDudz.com.
Pros: Tired of sitting around in a soggy swimsuit after a dip? Want an easy way to go from the cruise ship pool to the buffet without feeling overexposed? Enter the DryDudz system, a swimsuit that can be worn a number of different ways—including as shorts, so you can go straight from the water to the apres-pool fun.
The "WikTec" material and good fabric ventilation drys off quickly, and also features an antibacterial coating that can help eliminate odors.
All parts of the swimsuit fit very well, and the bottoms don't sag like most bathing suits after a few wears.
Cons: The price is in the deep end for this swimsuit—women will have to pay $90 for one complete suit. The swimwear is stylish—except for the DryDudz logo, which appears fairly prominently on a few spots on the bottoms. If you dislike logos on your apparel, you won't like these.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If you're on an active water-sports holiday, the DryDudz are great—especially if you'll be hanging out on a boat all day, and going back-and-forth from the water to the deck.
- Portability: 10/10. The DryDudz are lightweight, and easy to pack. Plus, since they're quick drying (and double as shorts), they can save you luggage space otherwise taken up by a cover-up.
- Value: 6/10. For someone who usually buys fast fashion swimwear at Old Navy at $10 a pop, the DryDudz are pretty pricey. However, you are getting basically four pieces of clothing for the one price, and the quality is definitely better than cheaper bikinis.
- Durability: 10/10. The fabric and stitching are excellent—buy it in ever-fashionable basic black, and these will last you many summers.
- Cool Factor: 7/10. The interlocking shorts system is very cool—but the DryDudz branding, not so much.
Final Verdict: If you're active and in and out of the water all day, the DryDudz system would be great for you. If you just need a simple bikini for lounging around, and don't mind drying off in the sun, these may be a bit too pricey for you.
Editor's Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and "cool factor." Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Photo Credit: DryDudz)