It's a sign of the times, to be sure. Hotels and resorts around the world are handing out free nights, offering significant discounts, and packing in perks for anyone willing to travel. Here are a few of sales I've seen from chain hotels recently. And this list is just a taste of the sort of thing you're likely to find if you start researching hotels.
- Choice Hotels: Book two separate stays with arrival dates through April 30 and earn enough Choice Priveleges points to get a free night. You have until 2011 to use the free night.
- Country Inn and Suites: Stay before April 30 and get 33 percent off each night of a three-night stay. You'll also receive a coupon good for a discount at T.G.I. Fridays.
- Marriott: Through September 7, Marriott Rewards members who redeem points for a three-night stay will receive the third night free.
- Radisson Blu: Book a two- or three-night, Friday-to-Sunday stay at participating properties in European cities and get 20 percent off published rates. Book by April 30 for stays through January 31, 2010.
- Radisson Edwardian: At the hotel's 12 London and Manchester locations, save 20 percent off the best available rate when you book and pay at least 10 days in advance. Room rates start at about $118 per night. The promotion also includes two-for-one dining at hotel restaurants. The offer is good through the end of August.
- Sonesta: Sonesta is offering up to 30 percent off rates booked a month in advance. The offer is good at Sonesta properties worldwide.
Know of another hotel sale? Share a quick description with other readers in the comments below!